Sunday, August 25, 2013

Makeup Look #2 Brown & Gold

Hey Girlies!
So my friend has a wedding to attend in the evening. Her cousin is getting married! :) So she came to me for makeup advice. The outfit that she is going to wear is a red and gold coloured saree. I told her NOT to ever use red eyeshadow. Never ever wear red eyeshadow. I dunno. It's just weird. Red eye shadows are never flattering on anybody. It only looks okay on the runway and high-fashion photo-shoots in Vogue or Cosmo, I guess. 

In order to help her, today I did a makeup look with Gold and Brown eye shadows. The eye shadows that I used are kinda shimmery. So I guess this look is more suitable for going out at night. Like obviously for wedding dinners, girls night out, clubbing or even dinner dates with your significant other. Besides, brown and gold goes well with red outfit. The steps are as below. I tried taking pictures of all the steps and all the products that I used are listed down below. Hope you guys like it!

Firstly, I applied my sunblock which is Lancome's UV Expert GN-Shield in SPF 50. And then I primed my face with Revlon's Photoready Perfecting Primer to cover up them pores! I only put it on my cheek area. Next I applied my MAC Studio Sculpt in NC 45 all over my face using my Real Techniques Stippling brush. I don't apply foundation to my neck. It's just too messy for my liking and also because my foundation matches my neck perfectly. After that, I apply my NYX Above and Beyond Full Coverage concealer in the shade 06 Glow under my eyes to conceal any dark circles. To set my under eye concealer, I use the MAC Studio Fix powder in NC 40. Then I apply the MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in the shade Dark to set my foundation.

I use SilkyGirl's Funky Eyelights Pencil in the colour 06 Metallic Bronze all over my eyelid as a base. Then I take Inglot's eyeshadow (a gold coloured one- Inglot eyeshadows does not have names. So sorry. But I’ll put the picture of the eyeshadow so that you can see what colour exactly it is) and put it in the inner corners of my eyes and also 3/4 of it. So the end of your eyes should not have any gold shadow. Then I take another eyeshadow from Inglot (this is a dark brown glittery eyeshadow-though, when you apply it, it doesn't look THAT glittery on the eyes) and place it on my crease area and also the V-corners of my eyes. I took my Metallic Bronze eye pencil and lined my lower lids for a lil smokey eye effect.



Next, I lined my eyes with Benefit’s Waterproof Bad Gal Eyeliner in Black. For the wing, I used SilkyGirl’s Precision Liquid Liner Waterproof in Black (you can actually use any liquid liner that you like). For the finishing touches, I coated my top eyelashes with 2 mascaras. First, is the Maybelline’s The Magnum Volum’ Express Super Film in black. And then second mascara is the Clinique’s Lash Power Mascara in the shade 01 Black Onyx. The combo makes your eyelashes appear longer and thicker. For my lower lashes, I just used the Clinique mascara. To fill my eyebrows in, I used a brown eyeshadow from Bobbi Brown’s Chocolate Eye Palette in the shade ‘Chocolate’ which is the darkest colour in the palette.


So done with the eyes, onto the cheeks. For the cheeks, I wanted to go with a natural shade so I choose the Bobbi Brown’s Blush Fard A Joues in the shade #31 Clementine. It’s an orangey peach colour. Looks absolutely gorgeous and natural on slightly tanner skin. I lined my lips with NYX LipLiner Pencil in the colour #819 Soft Brown. And then, I applied MAC Cozy Up lipstick for the finishing touches. I decided to skip the lipgloss as the eye makeup is already shimmery. So this is the finished look! :)


Hope you guys liked it! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment