Friday, August 23, 2013

Review : NYX Mosaic Powder Blush

Hey everyone! 

So I bought a new blush from Sephora. It's the NYX Mosaic Powder in the shade #06 Rosy. If i'm not mistaken the blush is only RM 35. This is relatively very cheap when compared to MAC blushes or even Bobbi Brown ones. I am already in love with it. It is not at all super pigmented like some of the blushes i have. And that is one of the reason why i love it. I usually don't like blushers that are too pigmented because it so difficult to control the amount that you're putting on your face. I'm sure nobody wants to look like some pink-cheeked clown! Here is the picture of the packaging of the blush. 



As you can see in the picture above, this blush has like 5 separate colours in it. The top most colour is a very shimmery pale pink. This can be doubled as a really awesome highlighter. The second colour on the right is the most darkest colour in the blush and it is in a bright pink shade. However, the colour isn't as pigmented as you all may think it is. It goes on as a lovely medium pink shade.

The third colour is the peach one. The peach part of the blush has the most glitter. Again, it's a pretty shade and it does not look ghastly when used. The mauve shade in the blush has the least shimmer or glitter in it. It appears to be almost matte. In the middle, there is an orangey colour with a tint of gold tones in it. This is so pretty when mixed together with the other colours.  

I usually put on this blush with a blush brush that i got from the store SASA. I'm still waiting for my BH Cosmetics Pink Brush Set to arrive (I'm so excited!). So meanwhile, i'm using this brush to apply blush. I always mixed the bright pink, peach and mauve colours together and then swipe it on the apples of my cheeks. And then, I'll use a smaller brush to take some of the shimmery pale pink and put it on my cheekbones as a highlighter. 

As for the orange/gold colour, i personally like to use it to highlight the inner corners on my eyes when i'm wearing eyeshadow to make my eyes look brighter and more radiant. You can always just mix all 5 colours on your brush and swipe it on your cheeks. It is not wrong. This is just my way of using this product. So yeah. 

Below are the pictures of how the blush looked on me. Thanks for reading! Byeeeeeeeee xoxo
PS : Please excuse me un-groomed eyebrows! I've been so busy this week that i had no time to go to my threading salon :/

No comments:

Post a Comment