Thursday, September 5, 2013

Throw Back Thursdays ~ Family Trip to Universal Studios

Hey peeps! :)

Guess what? It's Thursday again. Time for #ThrowBackThursdays. This Thursday i'll be talking about my trip to Universal Studios, Singapore which is located at Sentosa Island. My parents took my brother, my 2 sisters and i there on April 2011. Whoa, it doesn't feel like it was THAT long ago. It's been 2 years since we were there! I remembered that i was still in university and that i had lose a lot of weight. I have pictures to prove that. That was because i joined the gym and was really motivated to become supermodel-skinny (Though i didn't look like no supermodel. lol). 

Universal Studios Singapore has 7 themed zones which is Hollywood, New York, Ancient Egypt, Sci Fi City, Far Far Away, The Lost World (Jurassic Park) and Madagascar. At that time when i went there, the Madagascar zone wasn't opened yet. So we couldn't experience that. Out of all the zones, i liked the The Lost World the most. Their water ride was the bomb! Even with wearing a plastic jacket thingy, my mum and i got wet. Like my hair was drenched. Bad hair day started then. Haha. This is a picture of me and mummy. #WetHairSwag :P 

I also liked the Far Far Away zone. They had like a Shrek 4D Adventure where you can watch a 3D show about how Shrek rescues Princess Fiona. There are physical effects in this show too. There is also a kids' roller coaster called the Enchanted Airways. Obviously none of us can go on that since there is no kids in the fam anymore. even my youngest sister was 16 years old at that time. In the New York zone, there is a very nice show called the Lights! Camera! Action! Hosted by Steven Spielberg. It's like a sound stage area fitted with special effects to mimic a major hurricane about to hit New York City. 

Apparently the Ancient Egypt zone has a very scary roller coaster ride. I totally chickened out and didn't go for that particular ride. However, my brother and sisters went for it. My youngest sister came back crying to me and my mum. Apparently at one point, the roller coaster moves backwards in the dark. You won't be able to see anything. Imagine how scary is that? :O i was relieved that i didn't go on that ride. After that, we took plenty of photos with the 'mummies', 'Cleopatra' and some hunky tall dude dressed up as maybe Tutankhamen? LOL, joke. He looks like Cleopatra's bodyguard.
Anyhow we had so much fun. It was such a nice family outing. I remember feeling all exhausted and happy at the same time. Food there can be pricey though. So it would be handy to bring your own bottled water. Unless you don't mind paying SGD 10 for  bottle of mineral water. One whole day to spend at Universal Studios is surely not enough! The best would be spending to whole days there. There is a hotel nearby. I think it's the Hard Rock Hotel and Crockfords Hotel. It's definitely better to stay there overnight to enjoy the full experience of Universal Studios. Before heading back home, we managed to witness the fireworks show that the have at the end of the day. The fireworks was of course fantastic. Too bad i couldn't get a picture of it because my phone battery died at the end of the day. 

Nevertheless, the Universal Studios in Singapore is worth going to visit. It's close to home, cheaper in comparison with the other Universal Studios in the world. And even better, now the Madagascar Themed zone is already open. My dad wants to take us again during the holidays. I can't wait to experience this again! Below are a few pictures that i took there.



Sea Water Cocktail??? What is that? :P
Striking a pose with my bro and baby sis <3 
That's all for now! Hope you guys liked it! Till the next post then. 
Thank you for reading  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment