Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Full Face Drugstore Makeup Look!

Hello dolls!

I have finally perfected a full face makeup using only items from the drugstores aka Watsons, Guardian, or any other pharmacies. Many of my friends have been requesting this post. So WOOHOO! It's finally up! I do understand that some people may not want to spend a lot of money on makeup. Because most people have other commitment such as paying electricity bills, car installment etc etc. So yeah. This post is dedicated to all the girls out there who wants good inexpensive cosmetics. Apparently, it is possible to do a full face makeup from products found at the drugstore. 

Let's start with the foundation. Among all the products, finding a drugstore foundation was the hardest task for me. That's because in Malaysia, the Revlon, Maybelline, Loreal etc has very limited colour choice. If i'm not mistaken, they usually only have like 5 colours. And most of the time, the all 5 colours will be different shades of colour for fair skinned girls. Maybe they figured that only fair people live in Malaysia :P Anyways, only Revlon seems to have foundation for girls of colour. So i got the Revlon Photoready foundation in #010 Caramel since that was the colour that was closest to my skin colour. It's a lil too dark for me, but i can make it work.

Another thing that i noticed about drugstore makeup is their eyeshadows. It's always so shimmery and frosty and shiny and glittery. Something that i absolutely hate. I hate shimmer and shiny things. Like i want my face to be matte. No shimmer or gloss or glitter on my face. I'm weird that way. LOL but yeah. That's why i do not like their eyeshadows. I mean, it's okay to OCCASIONALLY have shimmery eyeshadows but not all the time. That's why i have no choice but to go with the Maybelline's eyeshadow Diamond Glow which is full of shimmer.

However, I was really impressed with the eye products of the drugstore brands. Like for example, the eyeliners and the mascaras were good. I dare say that the Liquid liner was the best. You all know how much I adore the SilkyGirl Precision Liner, right? It's the best liquid liner to date. None of the high end brands liquid liners can ever match up to this awesome product. That reminds me, i will do a review on this product ASAP. So that everybody will know how fantastic this liquid liner is. Come to think of it, it's a Malaysian brand too. Yay, go Malaysia! :D

And this is my picture of the completed look. Hope you girls liked it.


Products Used : -

Nivea Visage White Serum Pore Minimizer
Revlon Photoready Primer
Revlon Photoready in #010 Caramel
Essence Mattifying Powder in #09 Tan
NYX Concealer in #06 Glow
Essence I <3 Stage Eyeshadow Base
Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow #01 Copper Brown
Essence SuperFine Eyeliner Pen 
Essence Kajal Pencil in #4 White
Essence Kajal Pencil in #19 All I Want
Maybelline Crayon Liner in Black
Maybelline Super Film mascara 
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
Silky Girl Precision Liner in Black
Lo'real True Match blush
NYX Lip Liner in Natural
Revlon Luscious Lipstick in Cocoa Craving

The Eye Makeup - I decided to keep it simple because i hated all that shimmery stuff going on
As you can see i applied some of the lightest eyeshadow from my Maybelline Diamond Glow palette to my cupid's bow to create the illusion of plumper & bigger lips!
The Blush was relatively sheer. I like it that way :)
If you have any questions regarding how i got this look, just leave a comment on the comment section and i will be sure to get back to you asap :)

That's all for today, my loves!

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. OMG, I totally love Silkygirl's Eyeliner! But I'm awful at applying makeup, lols. Any eye-lining tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well this is how i do my eyeliner look. I line my top lids with the Essence Superfine eyeliner pen and then i'll use the SilkyGirl Precision Liner for the wings. and then i'll use the Maybelline's Crayon eyeliner pen to trace the lines of the Essence eyeliner line to give that Matte effect since the Essence eyeliner has a glossy finish to it :) You can always check out my 2 eyeliner posts for more tips :D

      http://prettypinkpolly.blogspot.com/2013/09/makeup-look-3-all-about-eyeliners.html

      http://prettypinkpolly.blogspot.com/2013/10/makeup-look-4-all-about-eyeliners-part-2.html

      xoxo

      Delete