Thursday, October 3, 2013

Makeup Look #4 All About Eyeliners (Part 2)

Hello my fellow beauties!

It's time for another eyeliner post! This time with more tips on how to do your eyeliner. I recently bought a new eyeliner from Essence. Essence can be found at any Watson's store in Malaysia. It's a cheap cosmetic brand from the USA. It's the Kajal Pencil. I got it in 3 colours ; black, nude and white. Each one has a specific usage which will be explained later in the post. 

Single Lined Wing



This look is best done with a liquid liner. I usually use my SilkyGirl Precision Liquid liner to achieve this simple look. It's very easy and wouldn't even take a minute to do it. I make the line in my inner corners fairly thin and then as it is winged out, the line becomes slightly thicker. After that i use the Essence Kajal pencil in All The Time (it's a pretty nude colour eyeliner) to line my waterline. This will create an illusion of bigger eyes. This look is suitable for an everyday look, simple college or even an appropriate workplace eye makeup. 

Double Wing Effect


I first tried this fun look when i was in my second year at college. I was randomly doing my eyeliner when i accidentally drew another wing beneath my original wing. But i didn't have the time to fix it so i decided to quickly draw another wing on the other eye and then head to college because i was already late for my morning lecture. When i was at my college, all my friends complimented me on my "nice, creative eye makeup". So for that day onwards, i usually sport this look whenever i'm feeling funky or want a more playful-look to my makeup. However, this is definitely not suitable for work or formal environment. 

Drama Mama



Don't you girls have one of those days when you feel like sporting a dramatic makeup look? It can be when you girls want to hit the clubs, or go to a concert, or even just having a special fancy ass days when you dress up with your girlfriends to just go and chill at some classy restaurant at Bangsar on the weekends! Anyhow, you can always try to do your eyeliner dramatically like in the picture above. Skip the eyeshadow altogether and use a gel eyeliner to draw a thick liner aross your eyelid. be sure not to blink until the liner is completely dry or else you'll smudge it big time.

Half Lined Effect



And another simple, feminine eyeliner look. I start doing my eye by drawing the wing first with a liquid liner. If you want to achieve a very thin line as the picture above, then use the Maybelline HyperLiner to draw the wing and then slowly draw a thin line and stopped in the middle of your top eyelids. I did not apply eyeliner to the other half of my top eyelids. Then you can use a pencil eyeliner such as the Benefit BADgal Eyeliner or the Maybelline Crayon Liner, or the Rimmel Kohl eyeliner to line half of the bottom waterline from the wing. I took my nude eyeliner pencil and line the other half of my waterline to make my eyes appear bigger. This eye makeup is perfect for a first date look. Remember girls, you don't want to scare the guy with too much makeup on the first day. Guys do no like a cake face. Less is always more when it comes to makeup :)

Smoked Out Effect




This smoked out look is definitely a night time look. It's relatively easy to achieve too. I used the Maybelline Crayon Liner to line my top eyelid. The reason I'm using the Crayon Liner instead of my all time favourite pencil liner (Benenfit BADgal liner) is because the Maybelline Crayon Liner is very smudgeable and it's quite creamy. It is also very smooth to apply. On my bottom lids, i applied the Essence Kajal pencil in Black to create that massive smoked out look. All the Kajal pencils are incredibly creamy. It is like way more creamier than the Maybelline Crayon liner. In fact it's so creamy, that i can even put it on my eyeliner brush to smudge it out on my entire lids if i wanted a smokey eye makeup. Anyways, to complete the look, i'll just smudge out the essence eyeliner with my fingers and then apply two coats of my mascara and VOILA! Done. 

The White Eyeliner



The last look is the White eyeliner look. The idea of applying white eyeliner on the waterline is to make your eyes look bigger. It's the same with applying a nude coloured eyeliner. For fair skinned girls, it's more better to apply a white eyeliner. Whereas, for tanned skin girls, it's better to apply a nude coloured eyeliner for a more natural look. The white eyeliner can look too harsh on tan skin. Like the picture above. I'm tanned, so the white eyeliner stands out too much for me. Whereas, when i apply the nude eyeliner pencil, it looks more natural and not harsh at all.  

So that's all for today! Till another post, girls :)

Much love from me <3 

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. this was really helpful. thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it was helpful :) Thank you for reading! xxx

      Delete