Sunday, October 6, 2013

Review : Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream

Hello readers! :)

I don't know about you guys, but I have seriously dry hands. That is due to several reasons which will be stated as below : -
  • I was on Roaccutane medication for 6 months last year (I have yet to do a post on that controversial drug - It's my life saver! Cleared up my skin so well). But the side effect of it was that your skin will be extremely dry.
  • I used to work in a very cold air-conditioned office. And by cold, I mean extremely igloo-like cold. So that really took a toll on my skin too.
  • I generally don't drink enough water (Bad habit, i know).
  • Because I'm such a germaphobe, I tend to wash my hands very often even for no particular reason. For example, I wouldn't have done anything the whole morning, but after a few hours, i will go to the washroom just to wash my hands. And hand soaps are usually very harsh hence, drying up my hands even more.  
So yeah. Those are the few reasons why my hands are so dry till their appear to be very flaky. Anyways, i went to Watson's recently and I asked one of the sales girls there that I wanted some moisturizers for my hands. Specifically for my hands. I don't like using moisturizers for the body on my hands because it will just make my hands greasy and oily. I mean, how was i supposed to hold my phone without leaving moisturizer steaks on my iPhone screen? A hand cream will be designed in a way where the cream gets absorbed quickly into the layers of the skins.


The sales girl showed my the new Nivea Smooth Nourishing Hand Cream. This cream is for anti-dryness for dry hands. It contains macadamia nut oil which is used to strengthens the skin's protection barrier. It is also suitable for keeping your cuticles smooth and soft. So basically it is like a 2 in 1 cream. It's a hand moisturizer and also a cuticle moisturizer. The Nivea Smooth Nourishing hand cream contains something which is called the "Hydra IQ". It is stated at the back of the tube that the "Hydra IQ" promotes a non-stop moisture supply from within the skin. The formula supports the skin's own water channels to enhance the natural moisturisation.


This is the amount i usually use for one application
I've used this hand cream for a week and oh my gosh, it is wonderful. Firstly, it absorbs so quickly into my skin. Thus, my hands does not feel sticky or greasy. My hands are no longer flaky nor dry. It doesn't have any strong fragrance, but sometimes I do get that hint of that macadamia oil scent. Which is fine, because macadamia oil has a nice, pleasant scent. Since, it's a relatively small tube (it's a 100 ml tube), i usually just throw it in my handbag and just apply it whenever my hands feel like it needs some hydration. As a conclusion, i love this cream and would highly recommend it to people with dry hands! It makes a whole lot of difference. So be sure to try it. It's only RM 14.90 i think. That's a steal, if you ask me. Considering how much the Body Shop hand creams cost. 

Thank you for reading! Lots of love from me <3

XOXO 

No comments:

Post a Comment