Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Get Ready With Me #1 Wedding Reception

Hi girls!

I attended my friend's wedding reception last Friday. The reception was so lovely. My friend obviously looks stunning! Everything went as planned and it was such a perfect day. I went there with my other friends (both girls, whom I did their makeup too!). Here's the makeup look that i was wearing on that day. Since it is a night event, i wanted to use a deep coloured lipstick to match my dress which happens to be maroon in colour. 


I took the risk of doing a berry coloured eyeshadow look with a deep red lip look. A combo which i do not dare try but i did, anyways. And i think it turned out relatively well. I used the BH Party Girl palette eyeshadow which has a berry coloured shimmery eyeshadow. Then i used my new NAKED 3 palette. This palette is amazeballs! I can't stop using it for my makeup looks lately. Urban Decay really DOES make awesome eyeshadows. No wonder all the Naked palettes get so much hype! It really is fantastic! I'm planning on getting the original Naked palette too.


So anyways, for my outer corners of the eye, i applied the colour Blackheart to create a v-shape effect. For my crease, i used the colour Factory from the Naked 3. This is a very shimmery and beautiful crease colour. Then i took the lightest colour from the Naked 3 palette called Strange and placed it at my brow bone as a matte highlight. For my inner corners, i used the colour burnout. I even applied some to the inner of my lower lash line. I wanted false lashes, but my eyelash glue had dried up. So i had to go with just my natural lashes. 


I applied my favourite mascara which is the Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara. After that mascara has dried up, i applied my Victoria's Secret Lash Dare mascara. And then after that i applied my Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express Mascara for good measure. You girls totally don't need to wear so much of mascara but i like it this way especially when i'm going out for an evening event. I also applied the VS mascara on my lower lash. I lined my eyes as usual and then did my regular cat-eye wing effect.

For my cheeks, i bronzed it with my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish. And then i applied my 'Love, Rihanna' Bronzing Powder as a blush since it still have that raised "R" effect which is peach in colour. So it gives my cheeks a natural nice peachy look. I did some basic highlighting on my cheekbones and nose with my Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon.


For my lips, i used my favourite vampy lipstick, MAC Diva. But then i decided that it was a lil too dark for a wedding reception so i added another lipstick on top of that which is the Wet & Wild lipstick in the shade Red Velvet (which is a pretty bright red lipstick). 


For my outfit, I bought this dress from Dorothy Perkins for RM 175 (this is the discounted price. The dress was 30% off). Dorothy Perkins is having a sale now by the way. I used my simple black Mary Janes from Dorothy Perkins, yet again. I wear a UK 4 as a shoe size from DP. My faux leather purse is from Forever 21 and it was retailed at RM 89. I skipped wearing any bangles or bracelets. But i did get new earrings from Forever 21. The earrings were RM 19. As for my hairstyle, my friend helped me create that whole 'bump-it' look. I kinda like it but at the end of the day, it did look kinda messy. 


What I Use To Achieve This Look :-

Nivea Pore Minimizing Moisturizer
Revlon Photoready Primer
Revlon Colourstay Foundation in Hazelnut
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC 42
MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer in NW 35
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark
MAC Prep + Prime in Medium
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
Maybelline Hypersharp Liner
Benefit BadGal Eyeliner Pencil
Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara
Maybelliner The Rocket Volum' Express
Victoria's Secret Lash Dare mascara
Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye Palette
MAC Lip Conditioner
MAC Diva

So this is the final look! I'll definitely reviewing my Naked 3 palette soon. So be sure to check it out. Thank you for reading! I love you all.

<3 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment