Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Makeup Look #8 Bachelorette Party!

Hey ya'll!

So my friend is getting married! Woohoo. Don't you just LOVE weddings?? The whole process of planning the wedding, the bridesmaids and of course the BACHELORETTE party. I'm so excited for my friend. Congrats, babe! I hope my special day will come soon too. Keeping my fingers crossed. After all, the best things in life comes unexpectedly. 

Anyways, back to the makeup look. Since it's a bachelorette party, i wanted to do a fun, girly makeup look. I wanted to definitely use colours in my makeup look. So i choose pink. This whole look is going to be very pink but in a tasteful way. I wanted to use pink because it's a fun and girly colour. Very suitable for a bachelorette party, i may add. 

For my skin, i wanted a more full coverage look. Thus, i used my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and also the Revlon ColourStay Foundation. The reason i have to mix these 2 is because the Mac foundation is a lil light for me and the Revlon one is a lil dark for me. I tell you, the most annoying thing about MAC is that it does not have the perfect foundation shade for my skintone. I am actually NC 43 (and this colour cannot be found in Malaysia). So i'm always forced to buy NC 45 which is kinda dark on me. That's why the other day i went and got the NC 42 but no way. This is light. I hate when foundation looks lighter than my neck. So usually just get the darker one anyways. 

I wanted to look pretty sculpted in this look. So i tried to do some light contouring on my cheeks with a dark brown eyeshadow from the BH cosmetics 88 matte eyeshadow palette since i don't own any contouring kit. I'm trying to order the Sleek Contouring kit online, but it's apparently out of stock till next year. So i just have to make do with what i have now. Ain't nobody got time to wait till next year! Then for my cheeks, i'm using the NYX Mosaic Blush which is a pretty shimmery pink blush. After that, i highlighted my cheekbones with the Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon. 

For my eyes (warning : this is going to be a heavy eyeshadow look), first, i'm going to apply my MAC Prep + Prime primer all over my eyelids till the brow bone. Then i take the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk which is a white colour all over my eyelids only. This is to make the eyeshadow colour pop even more. I only use the technique whenever i'm using a bright colour as my eyeshadow. Then i apply the The Body Shop eyeshadow all over my eyelids. The i take the MAC Love Thing Mineralize Blush and swipe it over the outer corners of my eyes. This blush is very pretty as an eyeshadow. I find it too dark to be worn as a blush. Then i take another softer pink and apply it over the The Body Shop shimmery pink shadow. I only applied the soft pink on the inner parts on the eyelids. And then i took the colour Ruby from the Victoria's Secret Holiday Eye kit applied it on my crease. I took Brushed Gold (also from the VS palette) and applied it to my inner corners to brighten up my eyes. I used Quartz to highlight my browbone.



Then i take my facial wipes to clean up any eyeshadow fallouts on my face. After that, i applied the Maybelline Hypersharp Liner. I traced my Benefit BADgal eyeliner pencil on top of that for a more matte finish. I wanted to go for a winged out look so i used the Maybelline eyeliner again to create it. Then I applied my Revlon mascara. I topped it off with my Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express mascara for my drama. After that, I take the darkest brown eyeshadow from the Bobbi Brown Chocolate eye palette and fill my eyebrows in lightly.


For my lips, i wanted a fuchsia coloured look. So i used my new Sleek Lipstick in Mystic. Before applying the lipstick, i used my MAC Pro Long Wear Lip Pencil in Fashion Boost to make it look defined and neat. So that's it for my makeup guys! Hope you girls like it and will try it out for any other special event that you have to go to. Byeeeeee :D


That one obnoxious Duck Face picture!
Things that I Used :-

Revlon Photoready Primer
MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC 42
Revlon Colourstay Foundation in Hazelnut
MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer in NW 35
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark
NYX Mosaic Powder Blush
Topshop Highlighter in Crescent Moon
MAC Prep + Prime Eye in Medium
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk
The Body Shop Eye Colour in #40
BH Cosmetics 88 Matte Eyeshadow Palette (for contour and also as an eyeshadow)
Victoria's Secret Midnight Jewels Holiday Eye kit
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye palette (To fill in my eyebrows)
MAC Love Thing Mineralize Blush (Used as an eyeshadow in the outer v of the eyes)
Maybelline Hypersharp liner in Black
Benefit BADgal Waterproof Eyeliner pencil
Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express
Revlon Grow Luscious Waterproof mascara
MAC Lip Conditioner
Sleek Lipstick in Mystic
MAC Pro Long Wear Lip Pencil in Fashion Boost

Lots of love from ME <3

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment