Wednesday, January 29, 2014

My All-Time Favourite Makeup Removers! (Drugstore & High End)

Hey Girls!

My cousin bro's wedding is SUNDAY! Eeeekkk! That's so soon. I finally got all my saree blouses tailored and they are ready to be worn. It didn't turn out exactly the way i wanted it, but this will do. I will definitely be doing a Get Ready With Me post for my cousin bro's wedding so that you can see what i wore and how i did my makeup as well as my hair. Probably my hair will be styled into an 'Indian braid' style. But i'm still clueless about what i'll do with my hair. Since i'm the bridesmaid, i think my hair should be tied into a braid, but then again, i'm not sure who will be doing my hair. So that's that. I'm really excited for the wedding already!

Anyways, today i'll be talking about makeup removers. Makeup removers are vital when it comes to taking off your makeup at the end of the day. I know that sometimes you can be very tired at the end of the day and taking off your makeup can be such a hassle. But please, do NOT ever sleep with your makeup on. For me, taking off my makeup and washing my face twice before putting on my skincare routine is a must every night. I do not skip this step. Sleeping with your makeup on is just bad. There can never be a good outcome from sleeping with your makeup on. Your pores are going to be clogged with oil and dirt and makeup. That's just not something you want. And sleeping with your makeup causes pimples big time. No surprises there.

So, I have 2 ways of removing my makeup. One is by using a high end product : Lancome Gentle Softening Cleansing Fluid for face & eyes. This makeup remover is in a liquid form. It's in a milky, almost cream-type texture but slightly "liquid". I always use this with a cotton square. I just simply pour the cleanser on to a cotton square and then just let the cotton absorb it before using it to wipe off the makeup that's on my face. It is wonderful as it removes waterproof mascara and any type of eye makeup. You may experience a slight burning sensation on your face if you apply it directly on your skin without a cotton square. Therefore, PLEASE use a cotton square for the sake of your own comfort. I don't have the full size bottle of this product as the one i'm currently using is actually a sample given to me by the Lancome counter girl when i bought a few skin care creams earlier last year.


The second product is a drugstore brand product : The Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes. This facial wipes is the BOMB! It's awesome, it removes any kind of makeup, it's very convenient for when you're travelling as you don't need to bring any other cotton squares whatsoever. You just gotta carry this baby in your bag and you're good to go. To be honest, this is the makeup remover that i reach out for, on a regular basis. I only use the Lancome makeup cleanser whenever i'm wearing a lot of makeup (aka eyeshadows, blush etc). But on a daily basis, this Simple wipes are the best! It's relatively inexpensive- retails at around RM 29.90 (prices varies at different stores). One pack always last me for a month or so. It depends on how often you actually use makeup. I'm guessing it has around 25 wipes in one packet. It's obviously less messy to use when compared to the Lancome Cleanser. Another thing that i love about this wipes is that they are so gentle on the skin. It does not have any burning or tingling sensation when come into contact with your skin. So that's a big plus point here.


So yeah. Those were my thoughts on the 2 makeup removers that I've been using and enjoying lately. Be sure to try them if you need a good cleanser to remove your makeup. Remember makeup is fun to use but it must be properly removed afterwards in order to prevent your skin from breakouts and pimples! You can never be too safe.

Happy Chinese New Year, folks! So glad that i'm back home in JB for the CNY break. I'm actually flying off to Penang tomorrow for the wedding on Sunday. My parents wanna be all touristy for a few days before we attend the wedding there. Byeeeeee :)

I love you all <3

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I use d MAC's cleansing oil and Silkygirl's eye n lip makeup remover. and I tried Clinique's makeup remover and my vote goes to Clinique's .. Its awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg, you've tried the Clinique Cleansing balm? I have it but i haven't tried using it yet :/

      Delete
    2. haven't i guess.it will take donkey time to finish up one full remover bottle. lol.will try it after i finish Mac's

      Delete
    3. True that. I still have 2 bottles of my lancome makeup remover sample. The size is so big, it's so hard to finish!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Simple wipes too! I'm currently trying out Guardian's and they're pretty good too. I'm also really loving Shu Uemura's cleansing oil. They do have sample sachets, so definitely try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know Guardian has wipes too. Must try it out :) xoxo

      Delete