Sunday, January 5, 2014

Review : Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner

Hi Peeps!

I've been on the hunt for a good gel eyeliner ever since last year June. Gel eyeliner are very pigmented when compared to pencil eyeliners and liquid liners. The intensity decreases from gel, liquid and then pencil liners. Especially if you're wearing eyeshadows, gel liners and liquid liners are the best. Pencil liners would not even stick on top of any eyeshadows. Anyways, my search is over. Because i've found one of the best gel liners of all time. The Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel liner!


This gel liner is amazing. I've tried the Face Shop gel liner and it sucked big time. The gel liner wasn't smooth at all and it did dry up very fast. That product was so bad. Gosh, that product made me hate gel liners. Until i decided to try the Maybelline gel liner. And boy, was i amazed! This product is great! The gel liner is smooth and easy to apply. Since I've been using liquid liners, it was relatively easy for me to apply the gel liner.


Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama gel liner isn't the blackest black liner I've seen but i don't care. To me, it's black enough. Also if you want something super black, you can always take your blackest eyeliner pencil and trace it on to the gel liner line that you have created. Simple as that. This gel liner comes with a very handy eyeliner brush which makes it very easy to apply your liner. Only thing is, you HAVE to clean the brush after every use or else it will dry up and be all hard. When the bristles are hard, you won't get that smooth application. It is also smudge-proof and waterproof. So you don't need to worry about panda eyes and so on.



What i always do is, when i remove all my makeup for the day, i use the makeup wipes to wipe that eyeliner brush. That does the trick for me! The brush will be as good as new the very next day when it's ready to be used. This liner is reasonably priced at RM 39.90. I bought my gel liner when Watsons were having a buy 1, free 1 promotion. Yay, Watsons! Hehee. I'm guessing this liner can last a long time because the gel has the right consistency and it is not to wet or too dry, so it's not gonna dry up so easily. But i guess you gotta take precautions too. Like don't simply leave the cover of the jar opened for so long. This is the swatch of the gel liner on my hand. 


I rate this product a 9/10. It would have been a 10 if the black was just a little bit more black. Below is a picture of me rockin' the gel liner. How do i look? 


If you're looking for an affordable gel liner which is really good, try this Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner. It's amazing and your money will be well spend. Satisfaction is guaranteed! 

I heart all of you, wonderful readers! <3

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. omg babe how do you apply such perfect winged eyeliner ? Im still learning and learning but still not to this extent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's easy babe. First do the wing, then only lined the top eyelid! Remember practice makes perfect. I'll show you how do it it when we meet up k. Will whatsapp you, babe :) xx

      Delete
    2. yeah babe.i've improved a little and still i do practice :)

      Delete
    3. That's the way babe! :) Good girl. Soon you'll be a pro xoxo

      Delete
  2. Nice review, I really like this product! your winged eyeliner looks awesome <3

    www.littlemisssmexy.com

    ReplyDelete