Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Get Ready With Me #3 Cousin Brother's Wedding (I'm the Bridesmaid!)

Hello everyone!

So i just came back to JB from my cousin bro's wedding in Penang. And omg, the wedding is so beautiful! The bride is stunning and my cousin bro looks like such a happy groom. I was mainly with the bride the whole time and boy, she is such a sweet person. My sister-in-law (HAH, i get to say that now) is such a beautiful person in and out. She looks absolutely stunning as she did not overdo her makeup. Her makeup was just nice! She told me that she had to go and buy a Bobbi Brown foundation so that the foundation actually matches her skin. Unlike so many other Indian brides I've seen, they tend to just let the bridal-makeup lady to apply a foundation which is 3 times lighter than the bride's skintone. That will result in the bride looking ashy and grey-faced. And that's not a nice look ever. 

So yeah. I think for my future wedding, i'll probably want to go my own makeup as well. I'll just get help from the bridal lady for my hair. But makeup, no way! I don't want to look like some grey-faced stranger. I wanna look like myself but a better version. Anyways, back to the post, I wore a turquoise blue saree. It's apparently called a Mysore Silk saree. I got this saree from Gayathri's Store in Johor Bahru. The costume jewelry set and the bangles that i was wearing that day is from Raani's store in Johor Bahru as well. Initially, i just let my hair down but as a bridesmaid, i had to tied my hair in order to put some flowers. So my aunt did my hair creating a bump-it effect by teasing my hair and also with the help of half-a-can of hairspray. I didn't really like the hairstyle but i guess i didn't have a choice. So i just went with it.


This is the full length picture of my saree. That's my mum standing beside me. LOL. Sorry no pictures of me alone. I was so busy during the wedding that i LITERALLY didn't have any time to camwhore. And also coz i was the bridesmaid. So most of the time i'm either with my sister-in-law in the bride's room or on stage with her performing some ceremony. So i didn't have my phone or camera with me. But thank goodness, my paparazzi (mummy and daddy) took lots of random pics of me.


For my makeup, i wanted to go with a dramatic eyes paired with a nude lips. So i primed my eyes with my new Nars Eyeshadow primer. Then i took this beautiful bold blue eyeshadow from the BH Party Girl palette and put it all over my eyelids. Then i take MAC Carbon (which is a matte black eyeshadow) and place it on my crease area. I decided to go with a winged out eyeshadow effect, so i took the black eyeshadow and created the illusion of "wings". I also used the eyeshadow Limit (from the NAKED 3 palette) on my crease area to blend out the eyeshadows properly and also to make it look more blended out. After that, i take the colour Burnout (again from NAKED 3) and placed it on my lower lash line. Then i applied my eyeliner as usual. I also filled in my brows.

I finally used my fake lashes (OHH YEAH!) and it is the Red Cherry Lashes in #48. It's kinda long and i thought this occasion was appropriate for the usage of this lashes. Then i mascara-ed my eyelashes and eyes are done. I applied my foundation, concealer and bronzer. I even did a very light contouring on my cheeks with my new Sleek Contour Kit. I'll probably do a whole post about how i do my under eye concealer routine if i'm going for that full coverage look. So be sure to check that out. I used alot of new makeup for this look. So review of all the new products will be coming soon too.

For my blush, i wanted a rosy natural look. So i opted to use my all time favourite blush from Estee Lauder called Pink Kiss. This blush is amazing because it gives you the rosy glow at the same time, it looks natural and healthy instead of that fake-pink-colour that some blush gives. For my lips, i used to lipsticks; MAC Faux and Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in #235 Wake Me Up. After that, for the finishing touches, i sprayed MAC Fix Plus all over my face to set the makeup. And i'm done!

This is how i look on that day. Gosh, weddings are just awesome! Who doesn't like attending a wedding? :P


Things That I Use To Achieve This Look :-

Clinique Moisture Surge Moisturizer
Revlon Photoready Primer 
Bobbi Brown Long Lasting Foundation in #6 Golden
NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder in #12 Tawny
Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector in Deep Peach
Revlon Photoready Concealer in Medium Deep
Inglot Mattifying Powder in Banana
NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
BH Party Girl Palette (the bright blue shadow)
MAC Carbon Eyeshadow
Loreal Voluminious Mascara in Black Noir
Loreal Telescopic Mascara in Carbon Black
Red Cherry Lashes in #448
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye Palette (Chocolate = Eyebrows)
Urban Decay NAKED 3 (Limit on the crease & Burnout on the lower lash line)
Estee Lauder Signature Colour Blush in Pink Kiss
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in Dark
Sleek Contour Kit in Dark
Maybelline Hypersharp Liner 
MAC Fix Plus
NYX Lip Pencil in Natural
MAC Faux Lipstick
Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in #235 Wake Me Up

PS : My apologies for not having a close up shot of how my makeup looks like. But let's not cry over the spilled milk and make do with the pics that i have. That's all for now! Thank you for reading! I love you, all <3

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about wedding make up in Malaysia.. most brides looks way too light.. this worries me.. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It's been happening too often. Thank god my sister in law followed her instincts and bought that Bobbi Brown Foundation which matches her complexion perfectly! :)

      Delete