Sunday, March 16, 2014

How I Fill In My Eyebrows (Using An Eyeshadow)

Ola peeps!

I don't know if people actually realized this but lately I've started to slightly fill my brows in. I've never ever filled my brows in until last month when i just suddenly thought 'Hey, filling my eyebrows might be fun'. And i tried it with my eyeshadow and voila! I actually liked the way that i looked. These are all the products that i use to fill in my brows.


Okay, let's start from the beginning. I usually groom my eyebrows via threading. Threading is an Indian traditional way to pull out hair from your skin. Threading centers can be found everywhere in Malaysia. Like for example, my favourite threading center in KL is near Taylor's College (the old campus, not Lakeside) called Akash's Beauty Salon (or something like that). They are amazeballs! The punjabi girls there knows very well what they are actually doing. They are such pros that they will make your eyebrows look amazing.

I hate thin eyebrows sooo much! I think they are nasty and it looks very drag-queen-ish when someone has super thin eyebrows.Like why would you do that? Omg, i just don't get people that thread their eyebrows weekly. But then again, whatever floats their boat. I personally like thick eyebrows. So I'll usually tell the ladies at the threading 'to make my eyebrows thick'. Don't ever say "Don't make my eyebrows thin". Coz all the threading lady will hear is the word 'thin' and then voila, you now have drag queen brows. So yeah. Take my advice if you don't wanna end up with drag queen brows.

So after getting my eyebrows threaded, I finally feel human again. I usually just fill my brows with an eyeshadow. I use the Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye palette (with the darkest colour eyeshadow -Chocolate) to fill my brows in. It gives a whole natural dark brown look. My brows are black obviously. However, the dark brown eyeshadow works well for me. This is the Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye palette. I use the last colour on the right which is called "Chocolate".


You can basically use any brown (or whatever colour eyeshadow that matches your eyebrows) eyeshadow to fill in your brows. I feel that using an eyeshadow is much more natural than drawing on eyebrows with a eyebrow pencils. If you're a pro makeup artist, then by all means, please fill in your brows with an eyebrow pencil. I only use an eyebrow pencil to fill in any tiny gaps that i have in my eyebrows.


However, for most of us, it's much easier to fill in your brows with an eyeshadow. I also use my eyeliner brush to fill in my brows. Below is a picture of the brush. I find that using an edged brush like that, helps me shape my brows more precisely because it's so thin. And then after that, i take my Essence Clear Eyebrow Gel and comb my eyebrows to give it a more natural look.



Anyways, these are the 4 easy steps that i take to fill my eyebrows in.

1. This is my natural brows. As you can see, it's already quite thick. Noticed how there are tiny spaces between some hair?


2. So I first fill the tiny spaces with my IN2IT eyebrow pencil in dark brown.


3. After that, I fill my whole eyebrow with the 'Chocolate' using my eyeliner pencil brush. For the finishing touches, I use my Essence Brow gel to keep the eyebrow hairs in place.


And that's it, you guys! Simple as ABC.

Remember, practice makes perfect. Thank you for reading! :)

XOXO

3 comments: