Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Current Under Eye Concealer Routine!

Hey ya, girlies!

I have recently been trying out a different way to hide 'em dark circles. I did this routine for my cousin bro's wedding and also for the wedding reception dinner. It works really well in covering up the dark circles under your eyes perfectly without creasing. It can crease if you don't set it all properly though. So you HAVE to set all the concealer properly. 

This is what I use :-

Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector in Deep Peach
Revlon Colourstay Concealer in Medium Deep
I don't know why, but lately I've been using 2 types of concealer under my eye are to cover up any dark circles. I recently got the Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector in Deep Peach. And according to the colour chart, peach colour cancels out any dark circles. So firstly, I use my colour corrector to cancel out the darkness underneath my eyes. And then i applied my (also new) Revlon Colorstay Concealer on top of that colour corrector. The Revlon concealer is 2 shades lighter than my skin tone.

Personally i don't like concealers that are like 2 shades lighter than my skin tone. I usually like to use concealers that are maybe a shade lighter than my skin tone or even the same as my skin tone. I find the whole super bright undereye  area to be fake and not classy. But this combo (Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector + Revlon Concealer) gives my undereye area a nice flawless look. Maybe it's because the peach coloured corrector blends well with the slightly light concealer.

After that, I set my undereye area with the Inglot Mattifying powder in Banana which is a yellow mattifying powder with a translucent finish. I know, when i did the review for the Inglot Mattifying powder, i absolutely hated it. But now i actually like it alot. And i do find that it mattifies the area very well. When i did that Inglot  Mattifying powder review, I was using my MAC Studio Sculpt which is a super hydrating and moisturizing foundation. So obviously the Inglot mattifying powder didn't work well with it. It works perfectly well with all the other mattifying foundations like MAC Studio Fix Fluid, Clinique Pore Refining Solutions foundation, and the Bobbi Brown Long Lasting foundation.

Besides, the Inglot powder gives my undereye area such a nice glow and it sets the concealers so well. I almost do not get any creases. Obviously SOMETIMES it does crease. Especially on a sunny hot day etc. But other than that, it doesn't. So right now, I'm really happy with my undereye concealer routine. I'll be doing a separate product reviews for the Revlon Colorstay Concealer and also for the Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector. Because they are both just amazing products. Maybe i should even do an updated review for the Inglot Mattifying Powder too coz i actually LIKE that powder now.

So below is a picture of both my eyes. One is concealed nicely (left side in the picture) with my new updated undereye concealer routine where as the other one is just my bare eye. See the difference? :)


That's all for now. I'll be doing individual reviews for the Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector and the Revlon Photoready concealer soon. Be sure to check that out. And also check out my new discovery of one very fantastic Undereye Dark Circle cream here. Thank you for reading!

I love you all <3

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I love that Revlon concealer! Did a review on it recently too.. Its amazing quality for such a drugstore brand..But then again, Revlon has some of the best drugstore products in the market..
    Now that colour corrector is something I haven't tried yet. Oh dear, I see my money flying away already, LOL!
    On a completely unrelated note, what lenses are you wearing, the green is amazing.. =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya! I think i saw that review on your blog :) True. Revlon is the best drugstore brand ever. Or at least compared to the rest of the drugstore brands that are available in Malaysia. Sucks that we don't have Rimmel anymore :( I used to love their lipsticks.

      You have to try the colour corrector babe. It makes a huge difference. You don't even need to use a huge amount of concealer under the eyes anymore.

      I'm wearing the Freshlook contact lens in the colour 'Green' :)

      xxx

      Delete
    2. Tell me about it.They used to have Rimmel here, and now I think they're barely available except at Ikano, and even that the selection is horrible. I really cant wait for any of my friends to go overseas and pick up some Rimmel, Hourglass Cosmetics and Lush =)

      Delete
    3. True that :) LOL Let's hope that slowly bring all the awesome makeup brands to malaysia soon!

      Delete
  2. Oooo the Inglot powder sounds intriguing! I need to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, it comes in 3 colours. I got the one in yellow :) It sets the concealer so well

      Delete