Wednesday, March 12, 2014

My Everyday Work Makeup Look

Hello peeps!

So today i wanna show you all how i do my work makeup! I guess you can call it my everyday makeup look as i do sport it from Monday to Friday. It is actually simple and it only takes me about 35 minutes to do it. I wake up everyday at 7.10am. By the time i finish showering and brushing my teeth and all the other morning routine, it would have been already 7.30am. I change into my office attire and it's already 7.35am (coz i usually roughly plan the night before what I wanna wear the next day and if or not i need to iron it). So by the time it's around 8.10am, I'm ready to walk out of my house and go to work. I have to walk to work right now coz my car is STILL in the workshop. Or else, i can actually wake up later and also go to work later. 

Anyways, I start off by, of course, applying some sunscreen on my face. Malaysia is such a hot country, you can't go out without sunscreen unless you wanna get burn. Then i follow it by applying my Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Foundation. This foundation is awesome and I'm lovin' it. It makes my pores disappear even when I'm not using any sort of primer. Besides, this foundation is like a skincare. So I'm fine with using it to work. And it's not full coverage whatsoever, you it does not cake up. After that, I dust some mattifying powder on my face to keep the shine away. I hate it when my face looks oily. Throughout the day, i do become a lil shiny. But I'll just use a tissue (you can always use a blotting paper) to blot my face. 

Then I take the MAC MSF powder and swipe it over my cheeks to create the illusion of some light contouring. Then I fill my eyebrows in with an eyeshadow from Bobbi Brown and then apply some of my Benefit Boi-ing Concealer on my undereye area to conceal em' dark circles! Then i set that with my MAC MSF again. I also put some of the MAC MSF on my eyelids so that they don't look so bare. Then i draw a winged out eyeliner with the gel liner from Maybelline and then I use the pencil liner from Urban Decay to line half of my lower lash line. Mascaras are optional. I occasionally use mascaras on the days when i want to look extra cute! As though that makes a huge difference... LOL.


As for my lipsticks, i usually vary them. I alternate from neutral, natural nude lipsticks to the slightly bolder lip colours like MAC Twig or even Bobbi Brown Cosmic Lily. But those bold lip colours are for the days that i feel like dressing up. On a normal day, I'll probably just swipe on my all time favourite MAC Cozy Up or MAC Faux or even the Maybelline Colour Sensational lipstick in Warm Me Up.


So below is a picture of my 'Everyday Work Makeup' look. In this picture, I'm using the Maybelline matte lipstick in MAT7. I wanted that super nude lips look. But I also actually use the MAC Cozy Up lipstick a lot. I still can't believe that MAC discontinued the MAC Cozy Up lipstick. Why do they always discontinue awesome coloured lipsticks? I gotta find a dupe for it ASAP.


Products that I use to achieve this look :-

Lancome Sunscreen with SPF 50
Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Foundation in #19 Sands
Essence Mattifying Powder in #09 Tan
NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder in #12 Tawny
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark (On my eyelids and Cheeks for slight contouring)
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer in #03
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye palette (Eyeshadow 'Chocolate'-To fill in my brows)
IN2IT Eyebrow Pencil in Dark Brown
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner 
Urban Decay 24/7 Kohl Pencil
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! Mascara 
MAC Lip Conditioner
NYX Lip Liner in Natural
Maybelline Lipstick in MAT7 (Lipstick usually varies)
MAC Fix Plus

That's all for my post today! Till the next post then :)

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Love this post and your top is so pretty! It's a shame that they discontinued the MAC lipstick :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hun! :) It's actually a dress xx

      Delete