Tuesday, March 25, 2014

New Drugstore Foundation ~ Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation Review

Hello girlies!

It's been awhile since I did a foundation review. Today I'm finally going to do a review on the well-known Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation. As you all know, Revlon Malaysia send me a few products to try. One of them is the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation in the shade #340 Caramel. It comes in a glass jar with 0.8 ounces/23.7 ml. I was a bit surprised there because most foundations come in 30ml or 1 ounce. Anyways, I've seen this foundation in Watsons and Guardian everywhere in Malaysia. So it's easy to get and it's available everywhere. It is retailed at RM 69.90. Personally i find the price relatively cheap because when compared to other high end foundations such as Bobbi Brown and MAC, thus, it is very cheap.



I applied the whipped creme foundation with my stippling brush from Real Techniques. To my surprised, the foundation actually feels very light on my face. I don't know why i expected the words "Whipped Creme" to feel creamy and heavy on my face. However, it is the absolute opposite. My skin feels light as though i did not have a layer of foundation on my face. The coverage is pretty good. I would say that it has a medium coverage but it is definitely build-able to a full coverage. The Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation has a satin finish. It's not completely matte as it gives the skin a healthy glow. It makes your skin look flawless and nice. What more can you ask, girls? :)


When I applied this foundation, I did not use any powder to mattify it as i wanted to see how the foundation would hold up without any setting powder or mattifying powders. It was a pleasant surprise when my face was still relatively oil and shine free after 3 hours. The Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation also does not eventuate your pores. It works very well with the Benefit POREfessional. It glides on your face so smoothly. But then again, all Revlon foundations have such nice formulas. I personally think that Revlon foundations are the best drugstore foundations among all the other drugstore brand. 


Revlon also always have darker shade foundations. Unlike L'Oreal and Maybelline who only have lighter shades. By the way, this only happens in Malaysia. Malaysian drugstore products only seem to cater for lighter skinned people. Apparently in the USA or UK, even drugstore foundation have a lot of shades ranging from Fair to Dark. Back to the review. In Malaysia, there are only 5 shades of the Revlon Whipped Creme foundation, the darkest being #340 Caramel. I love this whipped creme foundation a lot, but the shade #340 Caramel is too dark for me. It's would have been better if there was shade lighter than this #340 Caramel. I think #009 Toast would have been perfect. But too bad they don't have that shade in Malaysia.

But i guess i could try to use a lighter setting powder to try to even out my foundation with the rest of my skintone. I can definitely work the colour. For girls that are slightly darker than me, this foundation will be the perfect shade for you! And you should count yourself lucky because this foundation is a really good drugstore foundation. I'm impressed. I rate it a 9/10. It would have been a 10 if only it had more shades in Malaysia. Other than that, I have no complaints about this foundation. 

Below is a picture of me using the Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme foundation. There is nothing on my foundation. See that healthy glow it gives my face? Lemme know if you girls have tried this foundation before. 


That's all for today. Thank you for reading :) Make sure you also check out my review on the Revlon Colorstay Foundation in #370 Toast

Gosh, March is going to be over already. Time does flies! 

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. I agree, the foundation shade is a tad too dark for you, it actually works better on more tanned skin than yours babe. I actually have this exact shade and it blends into my skin like magic, but I still have to mix it with a lighter shade of foundation as it is still a little dark for my liking..But texture wise, it feels like pudding, and is easy to apply.. Coverage is great... I dont fancy the glass jar though, I almost dropped it a few times *the horror*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The foundation by itself is amazing. But the colour looks muddy and dirty on my skin. It's not too obvious in the picture (coz of the lighting) but in real life it's very obvious it's like a shade or 2 darker than my skintone. So might look a bit weird. Otherwise it's a very good foundation :) So consider yourself luck if you can find your perfect shade from that 5 shades that are available in Malaysia! xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Priya

    I am Kar Ming (Shayne), a community associate from Seeties! Have you heard about Seeties yet?
    Well, Seeties is the latest mobile app and website that helps you to share & recommend great stuffs in local among others in the city. It is a new platform for like-minded people with similar styles and interest to build a whole new community.

    Hence, we would like to congratulate you that, Seeties has seen your potential as a great blogger and would like to cordially invite you to join us as a Seetizen Expert within the Seeties Ecosystem. For your information, Seeties is still in the beta version and only exclusive invitation by Seeties will be able to join in as a Seetizen Expert.

    Therefore, we would like you to send us your email address to us, so that we would be able to send you an exclusive invite around April! Please feel free to contact me 010-5693989 or via email (karming.g1@gmail.com) to give us your email address.

    Please let us know as soon as possible. We are looking forward to good news from you.

    We are all in this for an incredibly awesome and meaningful Mission - "To make city life happy and meaningful."
    Meanwhile, please do visit us at http://seeties.me/ for more exciting stuffs we are doing here. Thank you very much and have a nice day ahead!

    Love
    Tang Kar Ming
    Community Associate of Seeties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kar Ming,

      Alright, I'll give you my contact details through email. Thank you :)

      Regards,
      Priya

      Delete
  3. I use this foundation every day! I'm crazy pale and its one of the few drugstore foundations I've found that comes in a shade that doesn't look yellow on me. When I blend it in with a stippling brush it looks amazing! I love this foundation. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo you're so lucky that you found your perfect shade match! Revlon Malaysia should bring in more shades here :( Malaysia does not have 5 shades of people :P lol

      Delete