Thursday, March 27, 2014

Review : NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

Hey girlies!

I admit, it's kinda hard to blog often since I've already started to work full time now at a college for almost 3 months. Man, time really flies. It's already the end of March. Soon it's gonna be April. And then there is April Fool's Day and then my brother's birthday. But i promise I'll still be posting as much posts as i can every month. After all I did post more posts than i did last month. So that's good :) Lately, I've been thinking of starting my own YouTube Beauty Channel. Don't know if I should start it soon or wait for a few more months before i decide to start that channel. Coz if i do decide to start the beauty channel, I'll have to vlog during the weekends. And I do travel to JB during the weekends. Not all weekends. But i do go home every 2 weeks. So yeah. I still have a lot to consider. I need to get proper lighting etc.


So anyways, that's just a bit of update from my life. Right now, I'm reviewing the one and only NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It's basically just an eyeshadow primer. This primer has received so much of hyped. Apparently, it's one of the best eyeshadow primers out there. People are saying that it's even better than the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I can't be the judge of that, since I've never actually tried the Urban Decay primer potion YET. I received some samples of it when i bought my NAKED 3 and NAKED original palette (yes, i finally did it. I got the NAKED palette). I haven't used it but when i do, i'll probably do a review on it as well.

My verdict on the NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base is that it does live to it's HYPE. It's one of the best eyeshadow primer I've ever used. Heck, it's THE BEST eyeshadow primer I've EVER used. It's so light on the eyes, it's not sticky or tacky. I really like the fact that it dries to an invisible finish. I've always been looking for an eyeshadow base that is invisible because i hate it when the primer is an ugly fleshtone shade. Most of the time, the 'fleshtone shade' is just off. It's usually too fair for me. Thus, making my eyelids look weirdly white. 


When the eyeshadow base has a fleshtone shade, It tends to alter the colour of the eyeshadow that you're using. And that sucks! I don't want my brown eyeshadow to look orangey. I want it to look brown! So yeah. Examples of eyeshadow bases that have that 'fleshtone shade' is the Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow base and the MAC Prep + Prime eye primer. That's a huge no no for me. That's why I love the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. It is retailed at RM 100. It is very pricey for an eyeshadow base. The Urban Decay Primer Potion is cheaper if I'm not mistaken. But i heard that the NARS one is better.


NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base comes in a tube which looks like a lip gloss packaging except it's white and black. It also comes with a dove feet applicator which i like. I think it's more hygienic to use a dove applicator feet compared to any primers in a pot (MAC Prep+Prime). It comes in a white coloured creamy formula which dries to an invisible finish.


This eyeshadow base makes the eyeshadows way more pigmented and intense looking. It pretty much makes all eyeshadows last for more than 8 hours without creasing. Even drugstore eyeshadows stays on the eyelids for so many hours. The eyeshadow will not fade. I've used this primer for my cousin brother's wedding and also the wedding reception dinner. Both times, my eyeshadow looked flawless and it stayed in place for the whole time.


Below is a picture of my Victoria Secret eyeshadow being swatched on my hand. I'm using only one eyeshadow. The left one is when I swatched the eyeshadow without anything underneath. On the right, is when i swatched the eyeshadow on top of the NARS Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. Big difference right? I personally think it's worth it to get the NARS eyeshadow base even though it's RM 100. Think of it as an investment. Your eyeshadow would never ever crease or look faded anymore. Okay, that's all for today!


This song Loyal by Chris Brown is playing on my mind the whole day today. So addictive. I think i have the hugest crush on Chris Brown. What can i say? I like bad boys ;)

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. You've been nominated for the Liebster Award :)
    http://lipsticksandcoffee.wordpress.com/2014/03/29/liebster-award-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweetie! :) I'll do a post on that soon to reply your questions xxx

      Delete