Saturday, March 1, 2014

Review : Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara (My long time Favourite Mascara)

Wassup, peeps!

I dunno about you, girls, but sometimes, i get tired of my eyeliner. Like it looks so bold and (sometimes) can look a lil bit vampy and all seductress-like. What I'm trying to say is that, sometimes, i wanna look a little more innocent and just.... sweet. Not vampy or sexy. I feel in order to achieve that effect, I usually just skipped on my eyeliner. It makes a huge different! I just swipe on my trusty holy grail mascara and I'm ready to go! And today, I'll be blogging about my all-time favourite holy grail mascara - the Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara.


This mascara is one of the best mascaras that I've ever use. It claims to instantly make your eyelashes 200% thicker and more plumper as well as to strengthen it. I totally agree that it does make your eyelashes appear thicker and fuller. I don't know for sure if it's 200% though. The Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping mascara is only available in the colour black (in Malaysia, I'm not sure if they have other colours in other countries though). The black colour is very pigmented and it makes your eyes pop.


But the main reason that i absolutely LOVE this mascara is because it does not make your eyelashes hard after application. MOST drugstore mascaras and also SOME high end mascara, makes your eyelashes stiff and fake and just nasty. I totally hate the appearance of stiff, hard eyelashes. It just doesn't look nice. Also, if your eyelashes is stiff and hard, the probability of it breaking is higher. That's why I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this mascara for the first time. My eyelashes felt so soft and full and thick.

The formula of this mascara is slightly more on the 'wet' side. It doesn't feel as thick as other drugstore mascara which has a more thicker consistency and they certainly feel more drier. So you gotta be patient for it to dry (which takes a few seconds only). This is not a waterproof mascara. So I don't use it on my lower lashes. As they say, if you put mascara on your lower lash, it MIGHT smudge. Therefore, I usually use a waterproof mascara for my lower lash. Though I've never really face any smudging of mascara on my lower lashes before.

This mascara is retailed at around RM 35.90 to RM 39.90 (depends on where you are buying it). It's still in the usual price range for a drugstore mascara which is affordable, I would say. Since it's a really good mascara and is even better than some high end mascaras such as the Benefit BADgal Mascara. I, particularly, like the mascara wand on this mascara because it is long and the bristles are shaped as a cone? You'll understand when you look at the picture below. Due to it's shape, it can really grab on to all your eyelashes well. So there is an even distribution of mascara on all the lashes.


The Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara does clump up if you keep loading on too much mascara on your lashes. In order to prevent my lashes from clumping up, i usually apply one layer of mascara. And then wait till it's dry before your apply the second layer. Then i stop. Coz if you keep layering the mascara on, it will clump. So less is more here. Lol. This mascara also holds up a curl very well. Whenever I curl my lashes before applying this mascara, my lashes will look so amazing and well curled. Unlike some mascara which actually makes your eyelashes look 'straight' and weird. So yay. Major plus point for the Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara!

Below is a picture of how my lashes look with the Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara. See how long my eyelashes look? 

I know, my eyebrows are super bushy. Have to go do my threading soon! :P

I give this mascara a rating of 10/10. Will definitely be repurchasing this item when i do run out of it.

That's all for now. I can't believe that February is going to end. Time really does flies.

XOXO

2 comments: