Monday, March 10, 2014

Revlon PhotoReady Primer + Shadow palettes!

Good morning, everyone!

First of all, I wanna say thank you to Revlon Cosmetics Malaysia for sending me some awesome products. I feel honoured that you guys want me to review them for you. And that's what I'll be doing. Of course, my reviews will be based on my personal experience while using these makeup products. And of course, I'll give you (my readers), my very honest opinion on all the product. So no worries! Today's post is about the new Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow palettes. Revlon send me 2 of the palettes ; Metropolitan and Bohemian. At the first glance, i kinda liked the Metropolitan palette better. But after trying both of the palettes, I must say, that i prefer the Bohemian palette better. 

This is how the palettes look like. 



Both of the Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow palettes consists of many shimmery and glittery shades. So these palettes are very suitable if you're going out at night or wanting to simply glam your whole look up! For the Metropolitan palette, I obviously liked the matte brown eyeshadow the most. You girls know that i mostly prefer matte eyeshadows, in general. However, when I'm put partying, i certainly do wanna wear some sparkly ones too! That's why I love the sparkly, glittery gold-coloured eyeshadow from the Bohemian palette. Isn't that just the prettiest gold coloured eyeshadow ever? My trick to using this glittery shadow is to spray some MAC Fix Plus on your eyeshadow brush before dipping it into the shadow for some intense drama!


The eyeshadows are pigmented when you apply an eyeshadow base/primer before applying the eyeshadows. Since the eyeshadows are relatively shimmery with small flecks of glitters, it does have fallouts. Most glittery eyeshadows are like that anyways. So make sure to do your eye makeup first before you apply your foundation etc. Because that way, you'll be able to wipe off any fallout on your cheeks before applying your foundation and blush etc. Behind the palettes, there is a guide on how to apply the eyeshadows. The eyeshadows are numbered and then it is shown where to apply it on the eye. But i don't follow that guide coz I'm rebel and i like to do things my way :P lol

These Revlon Photoready Primer + Shadow palettes are retailed at RM 45.90 at all the drugstores (Watsons & Guardian). I would consider that as very reasonable as you are getting 5 eyeshadows for the price of RM 45.90. It comes with 2 tiny sponge applicator but i don't use them. I prefer to use my eyeshadow brushes. But for those of you that does not have any eye brushes, you can always use those handy applicators. Anyways, these are the swatches of the eyeshadows on my hand. Beneath the eyeshadow I have applied a thin layer of my NARS eyeshadow base. The shadows of these palettes are just so pigmented and gorgeous.

This is the Metropolitan palette eyeshadow swatches.


And this is the Bohemian palette eyeshadow swatches.


And this is the look that i came up using the Metropolitan palette. I wanted to go with that look brown, bronzy look.



The second look is created using the Bohemian palette. I wanted to make the blue shadow the main colour of this look. Hence i put it on my eyelid.



So which eye look and palettes do you prefer? Lemme know down below which is your favourite choice. I'll be doing another full face makeup look using only drugstore products soon. If you haven't checked out my previous full face drugstore makeup look, please do check it out by clicking here.

Thank you for reading. 

I love you, all <3

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. They're both gorgeous, but I think the first look suited you more!

    ReplyDelete