Friday, April 25, 2014

Review : Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation in #6 Golden

Hey dolls!

I have some amazing news. I think I've found the most perfect foundation ever. You girls know that I'm always, ALWAYS, on the hunt to find "the PERFECT foundation". Haha. Kinda like finding "The One", isn't it? Finding a good foundation is so hard! So fret no more, girls! I've got your backs. If you girls saw my everyday work makeup, you would have known by now that i always use my Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Foundation. But just a week ago, I've started using my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation to work. And the results are AMAZEBALLS! 


For starters, the foundation shade is spot on! It does not make my skin look grey or red! I noticed that the Clinique Foundation tends to oxides a lot at the end of the day. Whenever I use the Clinique foundation, in the morning, my foundation shade looks okay. But as the day progresses, the foundation really oxides! And that sucks. Got my face will look so red and just not nice. I'm not too sure if it's because of the Clinique foundation itself or because I'm using my MAC MSF powder in the shade Dark. This shade is way to dark for me. But it definitely makes the most perfect bronzer colour ever!


Whereas, the Bobbi Brown foundation is so amazing. The shade #6 Golden is the perfect shade for my skintone. I have a lot of "yellowness" in my skintone. Most MAC Foundations tends to make me look 'red'. I'm not sure if you get what i mean, but I'm taking about the undertones in our skintone. So this Bobbi Brown shade, has the most perfect balance of gold inside the foundation. This matches my skin like no other! Plus, it DOES NOT oxides. My face still looks the same shade as it did in the morning. And that is wonderful. I love this foundation so much.

I would say that this foundation gives me a more satin finish compared to a matte one. I have very oily skin. So i usually opt for foundation which mattifies my face well. This foundation on it's own, tends to control oil and keeps my face relatively oil-free for a good 5 hours. After that, i do notice my face getting a lil shiny. But after i blot my face, it becomes shine free again. So yeah. I personally don't mind blotting my face when needed coz that's what you gotta do when you have such an oily face. It's so weird, how my face is so oily but the skin on the rest of my body is super dry. That's like the worst or both worlds....


The Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation is retailed at RM 180. Of course, it is a lil more pricier that the MAC foundation or even the Clinique one. But i think it's worth it as it actually comes with a pump! I hate foundations that don't come with a pump (hint: MAC & Revlon). Like how on earth do they expect people to use the foundation? By pouring out half the contents of the foundation on your hands, and after only using 1/3 of that, to just wash their hands? Such wastage! The pump that the Bobbi Brown foundation comes with is so convenient and it prevents a lot of wastage. That's why i don't mind spending RM 180 on the foundation.

Another positive thing that i noticed about the Bobbi Brown foundation is the scent of it. It has this very pleasant floral scent. You girls know that I'm a huge fan of sweet scented stuff like the scent of vanilla and coconut. But i also don't mind floral scents too. I only can't stand fruity scents. Fruity scents are just not my cup of tea. That's why i can't stand Bobbi Brown's Limited edition Cosmic Lily Lipstick's scent. But their foundation is another story. I think that the slight hint of floral scent is so nice and pleasant. For those of you that don't like any scents to your foundation, don't worry because the scent fades off as soon as your foundation sets on the skin.  

The Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation has a medium coverage. It's not a full coverage foundation but it is definitely buildable. I usually prefer foundation that have a light to medium coverage anyways. I have this perception that if the foundation is full coverage, it will tend to clog your pores and make your skin breakout. That's just the way i think anyways. I usually apply this foundation after i have applied my Benefit's POREfessional. This is to help cover up my pores. This foundation does what it says. It is definitely long wearing. My foundation still looks nice by the time I come home from work. Which means it lasts up to 8 to 9 hours. 

And below is a picture of me using the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation in #6 Golden. I did not apply any powder on top of my foundation as i wanted to show you the true colour of the foundation. See how flawless it applies on my face? hehe. I'm lovin' it!


And that's all I've got to rant about, girls! :) Till the next post then.

Lots of love from me <3 

XOXO  

8 comments:

  1. Hey hun ! Been a while since I commented here :) I agree, a good foundation is hard to find, especially for tanner girls like us, but I just discovered the perfect ones in the perfect shade I might add, the Marc Jacobs Gel Foundation and Nars Sheer Glow (which does not come with a pump wtf). I'm surprised this BB one doesn't oxidize, most foundation usually do, which really sucks big time.
    And looking good as always babes! :)

    PS: Will you be attending the Butterfly Walk at TTDI? A whole bunch of blogger girls and I will be going, and it will be great to see you there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi babe! Yes I've been meaning to try NARS Sheer Matte foundation. But i have too many darn foundations as it is. So I'm planning to, at least, finish one of them before buying a new one. That's my mission for now :D

      But yes, Bobbi Brown foundations are phenomenal! It does not oxide at all. This particular foundation is my holy grail for now ;) And sadly, I won't be going for the Butterfly Walk because I'll be in JB at that time. I'm going back to my hometown for labour day weekend so yeah! :)

      Have fun and let me know how that was k :D

      XOXO

      Delete
  2. I'm after a new foundation, will definitely check this one out. Great review :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, check it out! You won't be disappointed :) xoxo

      Delete
  3. OMG. You are so so so pretty!!!!! Aaaahh! I would love to try this foundation too. Awesome review. :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's so sweet! Thank you, darling! :)

      Delete
  4. Which lipstick are you wearing in the pic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it the Maybelline MAT7. A super nude lipstick! :)

      Delete