Thursday, May 1, 2014

Essence Mattifying Compact Powder Review! (Drugstore Brand)

Hey ya, lovelies! 

This post is dedicated to my favourite mattifying powder. And guess what, girls? It's from a DRUGSTORE BRAND! Okay, without further ado, i now present the Essence Mattifying Powder! It is my holy grail when it comes to mattifying your face. I've never had a mattifying powder which is good. Maybe it's because i have VERY oily skin. Sometimes i think that my skin is un-mattify-able. Like for real. It's so freaking oily. Even when i'm not wearing makeup, it gets oily. I don't know why. Maybe it's genetic. Therefore, i don't really have high hopes when it comes to mattifying foundations and powders. 


The Essence Mattifying Compact Powder is (so far) the best mattifying powder that I've ever use. It gives me around 5 hours of matte face before the shine and oiliness starts to appear. And that is really good for my skin condition. For my skin, usually when i'm using any other mattifying powder, the shine and oiliness appears as early as after an hour of application. So, 5 hours of relatively matte face is good to me. I'm in the shade #09 Soft Tan. If i'm not mistaken, there are only 3 shades of this mattifying powder. I was glad that there was a tanner shade.


Usually most drugstore powders does not have any darker shades. I don't know why but it's usually like that. Except for Revlon. Revlon is cool! :) Anyways, this powder claims to be extremely smooth and it makes your skin matte and it gives the skin a more flawless finish. Lol, yup i did spot the spelling mistake on the packaging. I have no idea how "matte" became matt. But let's not judge. We are here for the product. Not spelling class. So usually this powder keeps me matte for 5 hours. After that, i usually just blot off the excess oil off my face with a tissue. You can always use a blotting paper. But i just use a tissue. Or you can always re-apply the mattifying powder again on your face. I don't do that because 

1. I don't bring any makeup with me for touch-ups during the day. 
2. Applying more powder on your face is just going to make your face look cakey.

But of course if you're going to be taking pictures on that specific day, then by all mean, touch-up your face with the powder. Coz that will really ensure your face to be flawlessly matte. So yeah. Anyways, the coverage of this mattifying powder is pretty light. It doesn't have much of a high colour payoff. That's why i think it's a perfect mattifying powder. The Essence Mattifying Compact Powder comes in a very sturdy plastic packaging. I know what you guys are thinking. 'It's plastic, how can it be sturdy?' Trust me girls, this packaging is strong. It closes with a click and the cover isn't 'loose'. So that means it won't just open up inside your bag if you're carrying it for touch-ups. 

However, the best part of the Essence Mattifying Compact Powder is the price. It is retailed at only RM 10.90. How awesome is that? A product which is cheap and good? Such a rarity. I'm so glad that i finally found a powder like this! Judging by the picture below, you can see that i'm almost done with my first compact. Not to worry, as i have already stocked up on this powder! :)


Below is a picture of me before using the Essence Mattifying Compact Powder. Check out how greasy my face looked. As usual my chin and cheeks are extremely oily. Even my forehead looks shiny and oily.


And voila! This is a picture of me after applying the Essence Mattifying Compact Powder. Look how matte my face looks! :D 


As a conclusion, i rate the Essence Mattifying Compact Powder a 9/10. It would have gotten a perfect 10 if only it makes my face look matte for a longer period of time. So that's my verdict. Do let me know your thoughts on this product if you have tried it. You guys can always find Essence Cosmetics in any Parkson or Watsons store. That's all for now. Hope you guys are having an awesome weekend! 

Lots of love from me <3 

XOXO

10 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! Thank you for this! I've been eyeing it but wasn't sure if it worked. I'll be heading to Parkson to get hold of it tomorrow :D Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, sweetie! :) Yes, this product is awesome! You'll love it for sure :D

      Delete
  2. I've always wanted to buy this mattifying powder as well, thanks so much for the review dear ^_^ I'm definitely grabbing this asap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww your poses are super cute LOL! Will definitely give this a look soon, hopefully the essence counters aren't out of stock as usual :( Still cant find the Essence brow gel till today haihhh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D Thank you, sweetie! Oh, i actually have that brow gel. Maybe try Parkson in One Utama?

      Delete
  4. Yes I agree Revlon is awesome,lol! But this is not bad for a drugstore product - RM10.90 is a real bargain; maybe will go and get one for my sister - she was looking for a good mattifying powder for some time now :) Thanks babe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your sister will be delighted :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. how did up apply so ? with wet sponge? does not it breaks up ? because mine does :( otherwise i love it ..
    saniawasif.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apply this powder with a fluffy powder brush from BH Cosmetics. And it does not break up on me. It's an awesome powder in my opinion :)

      Delete