Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Review : Benefit Gimme Brow Gel

Hello everyone!

Only in the beginning of this year, I've started to do my brows. Usually i just couldn't be bothered since my brows are already thick and quite dark. So i usually just get them threaded and then I'm good to go. But watch all these makeup tutorials in YouTube has just made me so curious about them brows! So i tried to fill in my brows one day and i do like how it looks. So yeah. Now i do my brows whenever I'm doing a full face makeup. So, if you want to check out how i fill in my eyebrows, click here. I've actually just started using another eyebrow pencil. Review on that will be coming up next month. Hopefully. 

So first of all, i used to use the Essence Clear Eyebrow Gel to set my eyebrows. But i do find them a lil too 'wet'. The formula of this brow gel dries kinda slow. And it also kind of wipes of the eyeshadow when i fill in my brows. I don't mind that too much because it does give my eyebrows a more natural finish. BUT, i was already on a hunt for another brow gel. And in Malaysia, we don't have any brow gels from the drugstore. Our makeup selection here sucks time. So what can i do? I walk into Benefit Cosmetics store and bought the Gimme Brow Gel.


The Benefit Gimme Brow Gel is a tinted brow gel. I got it in the shade Medium Deep which is the darkest shade available. I think there are only like 2 colour options here in Malaysia. It's basically a dark brown shade. I would like it if its just a tiny bit more darker. But this will do. It was retailed at RM 85. It's pricey, i know. But i was so desperate for an eyebrow gel. It comes in a cute, small brown packaging. Picture is as above.


The packaging of the Benefit Gimme Brow Gel looks like a tiny mascara. Or a bottom lash mascara. The wand is so tiny. This does makes it easy to comb through your eyebrow hair well. Your eyebrows will be neat and well-kept. It's fool-proof to use it. I think it's also waterproof if I'm not mistaken. Eventhough, obviously I'm not going to use this brow gel when i go to the theme park. You probably shouldn't be wearing that much makeup to a theme park anyways. 


The Benefit Gimme Brow Gel does it's job. But I'm not too impressed with the colour. I feel that my eyebrows look lighter when i use it. And i don't want my eyebrows to look wayyyy lighter than my hair shade. That's just weird. So yeah. Otherwise, this is a good product. If you're looking for a BROWN tinted brow gel, this is definitely meant for you. Anyways, i personally give this product a 8/10 rating.



And that's a wrap. That's all that I've got to rant about the Benefit Gimme Brow gel. On another note, I can't wait to for this weekend. Daddy's birthday celebration at the resort! Woohoo.

Thank you for reading :)

XOXO
1: What are you wearing?
2: Ever been in love?
3: Ever had a terrible breakup?
4: How tall are you?
5: How much do you weigh?
6: Any tattoos?
7: Any piercings?
8: OTP?
9: Favorite show?
10: Favorite bands?
11: Something you miss? .
12: Favorite song?
13: How old are you?
14: Zodiac sign?
15: Quality you look for in a partner?
16: Favorite Quote?
17: Favorite actor?
18: Favorite color?
19: Loud music or soft?
20: Where do you go when you’re sad?
21: How long does it take you to shower?
22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
23: Ever been in a physical fight?
24: Turn on?
25: Turn off?
26: The reason I joined Youtube?
27: Fears?
28: Last thing that made you cry?
29: Last time you said you loved someone?
30: Meaning behind your YouTube Name?
31: Last book you read?
32: The book you’re currently reading?
33: Last show you watched?
34: Last person you talked to?
35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
36: Favorite food?
37: Place you want to visit?
38: Last place you were?
39: Do you have a crush?
40: Last time you kissed someone?
41: Last time you were insulted?
42: Favorite flavor of sweet?
43: What instruments do you play??
44: Favorite piece of jewelry?
45: Last sport you played?
46: Last song you sang?
47: Favorite chat up line?
48: Have you ever used it?
49: Last time you hung out with anyone?
50: Who should answer these questions next? - See more at: http://www.kandeej.com/2014/02/tmi-tag-too-much-information-with.html#sthash.ISyvPRdZ.dpuf

4 comments:

  1. Does is tame the eyebrow? As in set them in place. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, of course. This brow gel keeps the eyebrow tame and neat looking. In fact, it sets the eyebrows well :)

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds nice :) I havent used any gel yet....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes a huge difference when you're filling your eyebrows using an eyeshadow :)

      Delete