Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Review : Nivea Pure & Natural Olive & Lemon Lip Balm

Guess what, girlies!!!

This weekend is going to be out-of-this-world for me. My mum is planning to celebrate my daddy's 53rd birthday in this super awesome resort! I swear, she is like the sweetest wife ever. I'm so excited for a number of reasons actually. Firstly, obviously it's because we are celebrating my favourite man's birthday in style (yeah, yeah, I know I'm daddy's little girl). My daddy is turning 53. He still looks young though. And he is forever young at heart too. Secondly, the party is going to be at a resort! How awesome sauce is that? I wish i could celebrate my birthday in a fancy ass resort. But that will have to wait. Hehe. Thirdly, it's because i get to hangout with my fam bam. Like all of us properly together. Usually when i go home to JB for the weekend, everybody is so busy doing their own stuff. And my sister would sometimes be in her university. She couldn't come back for the weekend. So I'm so happy that finally all of us are gonna be having a mini vacation cum birthday party celebration thingy. So yeah. 

I'll definitely be bringing my camera as well as my cam-recorder to the resort. So that i can take all the pictures in the world and share it with you guys. So make sure to follow me on Twitter, Instagram or Google+. And also i will, of course, be doing a Get Ready With Me post for my outfit and makeup for my daddy's birthday. That is a must. Coz i am going to dress to kill this time. Haha. Be sure to check that out, kays! And now without further rambling, let's get on to the post!


I'm doing a review on my favourite new lip balm, the Nivea Pure & Natural Olive & Lemon.This is (so far) the best lip balm that i've ever used after the MAC Lip Conditioner. But i only use the MAC Lip Conditioner before i wear my lipstick. I never use it by itself coz it's expensive and i can't just waste it. That small tub has lasted me for 4 years now. So it's actually worth the price. It has already touch the pan though. So it's probably going to finish by the end of this year.


Anyways, i needed a lip balm for at night when i go to sleep. Using a lip balm before you go to bed will make your lips soft and supple. It won't be dry or flaky. Having dry lips can be unflattering. Especially when you want to wear a lipstick. What i always do is to put on a lip balm generously on my lips before i go to bed at night. The moment i wake up in the morning the next day, my lips feel so good. It's not dry at all. It's not flaky. It's just really moisturized. And this is all thanks to my Nivea Pure & Natural Olive & Lemon lip balm. It's amazing.


Firstly, this lip balm is only RM 9.90. It's available in all drugstores. I got mine at Watsons. Isn't that cheap? I'm pretty sure that it's cheaper in Guardian. Guardian is always more cost savvy than Watsons. Yet, i still shop at Watsons. What's wrong with me? Sheesh. Note to self : SHOP at Guardian NOT Watsons. Lol. This lip balm is one-of-a-kind because it's green in colour! But not to worry it comes off as colourless when you apply it on your lips. Plus, i really like the scent of this lip balm. It's so refreshing. It doesn't actually smell like Lemon or Olive. It smells like wheatgrass. But in a non-nasty way. If that makes sense.


You know how some lip balm comes off very 'wet' on your lips? This lip balm does not do that at all. Before this, i was using the Lip Pure. And that Lip Pure gives the look of very wet lips. And it's not a good look. At least for me. Even though the Lip Pure is like so oily and 'wet', i don't find my lips as moisturized as i do when i use the Nivea Pure & Natural Olive & Lemon. The Nivea Olive & Lemon applies smoothly on your lips without making it look 'wet' whatsoever. Which is what i like. The fact that it doesn't apply too 'wet' on my lips makes it wearable to use underneath a lipstick too. That means, when i run out of my MAC Lip Conditioner, I can actually just use the Nivea one.

The Nivea Pure & Natural Olive & Lemon Lip balm also has Hydra IQ. This is why i love Nivea products. Most of their moisturizers have these  Hydra IQ which promotes a non-stop moisture supply from within the skin. The formula supports the skin's own water channels to enhance your natural moisturisation. So they say. This lip balm also provides a long lasting feel of well-moisturized lips. Your lips don't get flaky even though you're using a MAC Retro Matte lipsticks. That is the reason why my lips is seldom dry. I only get dry lips when I'm not feeling well. Like 2 weeks ago, i had chapped lips thanks to my cold.


So that's all for this review. If you girls are looking for a cheap and inexpensive lip balm, make sure you check this out. It's amaze-balls and they will be your best RM 9.90 spent! Thank you for reading.

Lots of love from me <3

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Great Post. You are having really Lovely Blog. Keep visiting my blog. I will too. Dear
    My blog new post up, click it & comment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like u will have a great time with family! Njoy and have loads of fun!
    I like Nivea lipbalms havent used this one but the one which comes in a tin and i absolutely love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Thank you! I will surely do. My daddy makes anything fun :) So yay! Can't wait for Saturday.

      Delete