Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Empties! (Makeup & Beauty Products That I've Used/Finished Up) [PART 1]

Hey Gurlies!

I know some of you might be thinking 'you buy so many makeup and beauty products, do you ever finish them all?' Here, the answer. Yes, i obviously do finish them. Not all of them, but i do finish most of the product especially the ones that i use on a daily basis. So this is my empties post. I actually have a lot of other beauty/makeup products that I'm done with but i didn't want to cramp everything into a single post. Or else this post is going to be super long. So yeah. This is part 1 of the Empties Post. Keep reading if you want to check out my verdict on the products that I've used up!

1. The Body Shop Moringa Body Scrub


I love the Body Shop body scrubs a lot. I feel like they really exfoliate your skin to make it very smooth. Like the Moringa Body scrub. It smells heavenly and it really gets rid of all the dead skin. I usually use this scrub once a week. The Body Shop Moringa Body scrub also moisturizes the skin. I use this product throughout my Roaccutane journey and this is what that keeps me moisturized. I like how rough the bead feels against your skin. This is by far not a mild body scrub as the beads and exfoliators are quite big. But that's what i like most about it. 

Verdict? 

I didn't repurchased this scrub because i wanted to try out the Body Shop Shea Butter Sugar Scrub.
 
2. MAC Prep + Prime Skin Body Visage


This is my favourite primer during my university days. I think I've used up like 2 of this bottles. It comes in a small black tube. It is a white shimmery primer which feels like a lightweight cream. The shimmers are not so prominent once you have applied it on your face. It makes the foundation goes on to your face properly and smoothly but it does not cover up the pores. So if you have huge pores, give this product a skip. But if you have nice skin, try this primer. It is amazing. The only thing that i don't like about it is the fact that you can't see when you're running out of the product thanks to the opaque black bottle packaging.

Verdict?

I did not repurchased this primer because i wanted to try the Benefit POREfessional which I'm so in love with now! So no regrets there :)

3. Clinique Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector (Skincare)


I love all Clinique products from their moisturizers to their foundations. BUT... their Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector sucks big time. It didn't even improve the dark circles under my eyes. Even after using a whole tube of that cream eye (which i used diligently every night) it didn't work. Plus, it's so freaking expensive. I was really disappointed with this product. I understand that you have to use a product for awhile to get results. But you would think that at least after using a WHOLE TUBE of eye cream, it should have SOME improvement, right?

Verdict?

I ain't spending that much of money again for this eye cream. No way. Ain't nobody rich enough to waste hundreds of ringgits on things that done work.

4. Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion Body Mist


I love the Victoria's Secret Coconut Passion Body mist. It's the bomb.com and i love it. I'll probably be using this mist until the day i die. I love it that much. I've never smell a body mist this delicious. When i was running low on this body mist, i ran to VS to purchase a new. I think i have a serious addiction to this body mist. It's just the perfect blend of vanilla and coconut scent. So sweet and yummylicious. Plus, one bottle lasts a long time. Around 6 months? 

Verdict?

I will continue to repurchase this body mist till the end of time. Heck, i use this for so many purpose. I use it as a body mist (obvie), i spray it in my hair and i also sometimes spray this on my pillow when i go to sleep

5. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes


I use the Simple Cleansing Facial wipes like it's my job. I use it to remove my makeup on days that I'm wearing makeup. So basically Monday to Fridays. Because i wear makeup to work. 1 packet usually lasts me for about a month. Plus and minus a few days. But so far, these wipes is my favourite way of removing makeup. I feel like it's the best and MOST simple way of removing makeup properly. It also removes waterproof mascara. How awesome is that? Definitely a holy grail item of mine.

Verdict?

Of course, imma continue to purchase these babies! They will stay in my life for as long as i wear makeup :P

6. Estee Lauder Sumptuous Bold Volume Lifting Mascara


So i got this mascara in a Christmas Estee Lauder makeup set. The mascara was okay. I personally don't fancy Estee Lauder mascaras. I don't know why. Well, maybe it's because i find it to be just average. It's an average product with an overpriced price tag. That's like the worse of both worlds. Even the packaging is ordinary and nothing to shout about. So yeah. 

Verdict? 

Nah, I'm gonna have to skip this product. I don't want to repurchase it as my Maybelline mascaras are way better and also wayyyy cheaper.

7. Nivea Night Whitening Body Milk


This body moisturizer is one of my favourite moisturizers. I usually use the Body Shop Shea Butter at night for intensed moisturization. But during the day time, i don't wanna use something so heavy. I prefer i lightweight lotion-ish feel. And this is how exactly the Nivea Night Whitening Body Milk is. It hydrates the skin without the heavy thick cream feeling on your body. Plus it also lightens any scars that you have on your legs or hands since IT IS, after all, a WHITENING body milk. So like that i does what it says. Plus, it's really inexpensive. I think it's only RM 20++.

Verdict?

I'll be surely repurchasing this moisturizer as i feel that it is a necessity for my dry skin. I have super dry skin. But my face is super oily. I don't know how that happened but yeah. That's the way it is. 

8. Makeup Forever HD Concealer in #355 Honey


I love this concealer! I got it from Sephora and this is one of the best concealers that I've ever use. It's definitely better than the Benefit Boi-ing Concealer. It doesn't REALLY crease on me. And the shade that i got is perfect! It's has a little bit of orange shade which helps to properly conceal my undereye circles. But it's on the pricier side. I think it was almost RM 115 for a concealer. Plus it came in a pen-like form which has so little product in it. It has only 0.05 oz. That's like 1.48 ml. Regardless, it is still an awesome concealer.

Verdict?

Even though it's a good concealer, i don't think I'll be repurchasing this one. Just because it's expensive and there is so little product in it. I finished mine in like 4 months. And plus i have an updated undereye circle concealer routine already. I'm using the Bobbi Brown Colour Corrector now. So i don't need this concealer anymore.

So that's it for this Empties post! I'll be back for part 2 SOON. So stay tuned with me. Thank you for reading!

Lots of love from me <3 

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Pretty informative post! :) (Lil' Missy from Where's My Mirror?)

    ReplyDelete