Sunday, June 29, 2014

MAC Alluring Aquatic Collection 2014 ~ MAC Enchanted One Lipstick Review

Hello beauties!

How is everybody doing? I know i have a lot of blogging to catch up on as my Sony laptop finally failed on me after 3 years :( But not to worry as i already got another laptop and it's actually just my mum's laptop. She was kind enough to let me use it. I love you, mummy! You're the best ever. Hehee. Anyways, recently (not so recent anymore) MAC launched their Alluring Aquatics collection. The packaging of this collection is out of this world! It's aqua blue with fake water droplets! I think it's so cool that the products look "wet". This is why i like MAC Limited Edition collections. The packaging is to die for!



However, the products itself wasn't really appealing to me as they have a lot of those 'shiny' monochromatic, metallic-looking eyeshadows which i don't like at all. I don't even like shiny, baked blushes. So i skipped everything and just got the lipstick. Because the MAC Enchanted One looked like it could be a dupe to my all time favourite nude lipstick MAC Cozy Up. But to my dismay, it wasn't a dupe. MAC Cozy Up is way more peachy. Nevertheless, MAC Enchanted One is still a gorgeous lipstick. I am in love with this colour already but obviously i try not to use much of it as it is Limited Edition. I only use this for special occasions. As all MAC limited edition lipsticks, the MAC Enchanted One is retailed at RM 75.


MAC Enchanted One is a soft light brown/beige lipstick. It is beautiful warm tone nude light brown shade. It is in a matte finish. You girls would probably know by now that i love matte lipstick finishes. That's like my thing! Especially for MAC lipsticks. I love satin and matte finishes the most. I feel that they are more opaque and last longer on the lips. So i had to get this lipstick. Plus, i'm a nude lipstick kinda girl. I do love my occasional pop of colour lipsticks, but i usually wear nude colours from day-to-day. Like for work and stuff. 


This is a swatch of MAC Enchanted One on my hand. See how beautiful the colour is? If only it was a lil bit more peachy... Anyhow, it's so opaque and not drying at all if you use a lip balm underneath. Plus, it lasts up to 6 hours without needing to reapply the lipstick. Unless you're eating oily food. Then obviously it's gonna fade off. No lipstick can withstand the power of oily ass food. Lol.


Anyways, since this lipstick has a warm undertone, i think will look great on all skin tones. From fair to dark. For light skinned girls, this lipstick will be a gorgeous light brown lipstick. Whereas, for medium skinned tone girls, this will be the perfect nude lipstick for you! :) So yay! I usually use this lipstick when i'm doing a nice thick eyeliner makeup look. It also goes nicely with a smokey eyed look. This is the swatch of the MAC Enchanted One on my lips. Isn't that such a gorgeous nude lippie? I wished that i had gotten 2 of them now. I guessed i didn't learnt my lesson with the MAC Cozy Up incident.



That's all for now. I love you all and thank you for reading! <3

XOXO

4 comments: