Thursday, July 31, 2014

Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in #51 Matte Plum

Hello Girls!

It kinda seems like this month i'm posting a lot about lip products aka lipsticks mainly! But what can i say? I love lip products. They are my favourite makeup product. So last week, the Clinique Malaysia Team approached me and send me this very gorgeous lipstick from their new Long Last Soft Matte lipstick collection. And you guys know how much i LOVE Clinique skincare products as well as their foundation too. So I said yes and boy, was i impressed with this lipstick!


They send me the Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in #51 Matte Plum. And this colour is so pretty. It's a gorgeous plum coloured lipstick. Kinda like MAC Rebel but it's not as dark. Or even drying as MAC Rebel. It's a matte lipstick but OMG (this is the wow factor!) it is not drying in the slightest bit. Can you believe it? It's matte but it's not drying. Kinda like the new L'Oreal Moisture Matte lipsticks but the Clinique lipstick feels lighter and more comfortable when applied to the lips. I prefer lipsticks to feel light on the lips. I mean, who likes the feeling of a thick layer of product on the lips anyways?


The Clinique Long Last Soft Matte lipstick comes in a classy shiny packaging as show in the above diagram. As you can see, the colour is really gorgeous! This specific colour will pretty much look amazing on girls of all skintone and shades. Especially my tan girls out there too. I showed my mum this lipstick and she fell in love with it too. This is the kind of colours that she likes to wear. As for the quality of this lipstick, I would say that it is really good because not only is the packaging nice and sturdy, the formula of the lipstick itself is really good. It goes on smoothly on the lips without any tugging. It doesn't not enhance any fine lips on your lips either. So girls with dry lips would really enjoy using this lipstick. 


I went to the Clinique counter the other day just to get a rough estimation of the prices of Clinique lipsticks. If i'm not mistaken, this lipstick retails at RM 70. That is the same price as a MAC lipstick. MAC lipsticks are amazing but let's admit it, there are some MAC lipsticks that can be really drying on the lips. So i would think that the Clinique lipstick is reasonably priced especially when it is of this kind of amazing quality. It's really hard to find matte lipsticks that are not drying. So finding lipsticks like this, makes me very happy. I'm seriously going to go and buy the other colours that are available in this lipstick range! Keep in mind, that these lipsticks are only available online in the Clinique Malaysia Website


This is the swatch of the lipstick on my hand. Excuse my dry hand, thank you! Lol. Anyways, i get about more than 6 hours wear out of this lipstick. The pigmentation of this lipstick is great as shown in the picture below. I would pretty much wear this lipstick everywhere like at work or hanging out with my girls. This is because the colour of the lipstick isn't vampy or anything of that sort. It can definitely be worn during the day without feeling overdress whatsoever. Not that i care about that rule. I wear any colour of lipstick that i want regardless whether its at night or during the day. I'm cool that way! :P JK! 


Anyways, this is a picture of me rockin' the Clinique Long Last Soft Matte Lipstick in #51 Matte Plum. What do you think about this lipstick? Yay or Nay? Personally, i love this lipstick! I can't wait to get more shades! :) 


Once again, thank you Clinique Malaysia for asking me to review this amazing Clinique Long Last Soft Matte lipstick. I really loved the lipstick. And you girls should check out these lipstick if you like matte lipsticks that do not dry your lipstick and is very moisturizing. 

Thank you for reading, sweet cakes! <3

XOXO

Disclaimer : A gentle reminder to my awesome readers, this review is based genuinely on how i feel about this product. I do not purposely write a good review on a product that i don't like just to please any cosmetics company because they send me those products. You girls know that i don't roll that way. I only give you my honest opinions and thoughts! :)

4 comments:

  1. you have so many lipsticks i'm going to die of frustration hahahaha

    the colour looks really nice on you :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you look absolutely gorgeous wearing Matte Plum!! I got myself Matte Mandarin and I'm also in love with it ^_^ this lipstick does not dry my lips as what matte lipsticks always did to me, and the colour payoff is super amazing! oh ya, one more thing, I was told by Landy from Clinique that this lipstick's price is RM70 effective 1st August 2014 so you might wanna do a lil bit of correction on this post ;) and it is only available through Clinique Malaysia website. I tried looking for it at the counters here in Melaka last week and I couldnt find it, no wonder XD

    Mieza | Mieza Everdeen's Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, i know. I just got the email. Thank you :)

      Delete