Sunday, August 3, 2014

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup

Good day, peeps!

It's been awhile since i reviewed a foundation isn't it? Let's take a short break from all that lip products that I've been reviewing and focus on foundation for today. I'm reviewing my current everyday foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup. This foundation is by far the best foundation that I've used! A little info about my skin. I have very oily face. Like no matter what kind of mattifying powder i use, my skin still gets oily after a few hours. So, for me to determine if the mattifying powder is good, it should be able to mattify me for a longer period of time. And by 'longer period' i meant for at least 5 hours like how the Essence Mattifying Compact powder does for me. That's why that is my favourite mattifying powder of all time.


But today, i'm gonna talk about the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup. This foundation is the best i've ever use. Firstly, the foundation has a light to medium coverage which i love. I hate those full caverage foundations because it just makes your skin look cakey and flawlessly fake. If you get what i mean. Nobody wants that fake-doll-like look. Well, maybe most people but not me. I refer a light to medium coverage foundation. Plus, this foundation feels like a second skin. It doesn't feel like you have a thick layer of makeup plastered on your face. It feels lightweight and nice on the skin.

As for the finish of this foundation, it is a satin finish. It actually keeps my skin relatively shine-free for 4 hours or so. Which is good. So usually at work, i'll blot my face with a blotting paper to control the shine. And then after that, my face will be shine free for another 2-3 hours. So yeah. I can deal with that. So for my oily skin girls out there, you need this in your life. Mind you, i do not set this foundation with anything else. I'm the kind of girl that hates to set my foundation because i'm too afraid that it's gonna look cakey. Besides, foundations are supposed to be able to set nicely without being pat down with powder.


For the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup, i'm in the shade Intensity 4.5. I'm not sure if this is my exact shade because most of the time, it looks nice and even BUT sometimes i feel that it can be slightly light. Or maybe i'm just not used to using a foundation which matches my skin tone because i'm usually using a darker shade foundation. The sad thing about this shade is that it is not available at the Estee Lauder counters, It only available in Johor Premium Outlets. I find it so hilarious that Estee Lauder cosmetics in Malaysia don't have this shade in their counters. Like why? There are tan girls in Malaysia too.


Anyways, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light-Stay-In-Place Makeup comes it a squeeze-y tube. This is something that i like a foundation because it makes it sooo much easier to use it. Or else you kinda have to use your hands and whatnot. So yeah. This is a plus point. The consistency of this foundation is a little balm-like but not as balm-y as the Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Foundation. This foundation comes in a 30ml tube just like most other foundations too. I got it for RM 109 from Johor Premium Outlets. The packaging of this foundation is very classy. Duh, it is Estee Lauder after all. Estee Lauder products have such gorgeous packaging!

And below is a picture of me using the Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place Makeup in Intensity 4.5. What do you girls thing? :)


Close up pic! SO that you guys can look at how foundation sets on my skin :)

Thank you for reading. Till the next post then!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment