Sunday, August 10, 2014

Makeup Look #12 Daytime Smokey Eye (Using the NAKED Palette)

Hello People! :)

Today, i'm gonna show you a daytime smokey eye look using the one and only NAKED palette! YAY! Who doesn't like the Naked palette. After all, it's one of the top bestsellers at Urban Decay. It is a lil pricey but it think it's worth it. Make sure to check out my review on the NAKED original as well as the Naked 3 palette too. If i had to choose one, i'd pick the NAKED original for sure. Anyways, this daytime smokey look is soooo easy to do. Let's jump right in! 

Of course i did my eye makeup first as usual. Keep in mind that whenever you're doing a major eye makeup look, please do your eye makeup first. Or else the eyeshadow might have loads of fallouts and you're gonna have a hard time cleaning up those fallouts if you have already applied your foundation and whatnot. So do your eyes first kay? :) Good girl. 

I primed my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original. Then i take the colour Smog and applied it to my entire eyelid. Then i take Darkhorse and applied it to my crease area. I used my Sigma E40 brush to blend in the shadow into the crease properly. Then i take Naked and swiped it above the crease area before the browbone. Make sure to blend that well. Then i highlighted my browbone with Virgin. I lined my top lashline with Maybelline Gel Liner. I created a winged out liner look for this daytime smokey eyes. 


Then for my lover lash, i lined the outer corner on my eyes with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On pencil. I took the shadow Creep to smoke out the lower lash line. Then i take Sin to highlight the lower inner corners of my eyes of that instant 'pop' effect. After all that, i applied some mascara on my lashes. I want that drama, yo! :D I fill in my eyebrows as per usual. I have a post specially on that. Click here to check that out. 


Now let's move on to the face. I used my new Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place makeup. Then I applied my colour corrector and some concealer under my eyes to cover up em' dark circles. I set all that with my Essence Mattifying Compact Powder. I didn't want to use a blush for this look as i wanted it too look bronzey... If that makes any sense. So i used my NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat powder to bronze up my face since this powder is a lil too dark for me. So it works perfectly well as a bronzer. To highlight em' cheekbones, i used the highlighter from Topshop. This is my favourite highlighter of all time. It's such a perfect bronzey shimmery highlight and it makes your skin look so healthy. 


As for the lips, i didn't want to go with that typical nude lips. Girls always think that whenever you do a smokey eye look, you can have any colour on your lips. So they always opt for a very nude colour. But i don't roll that way. You girls know that i am capable of rockin' smokey eyes with a red lip. BUT, not this time. This time i wanted a some coral-looking colour. So i mixed the MAC Siss lipstick and the MAC Impassioned lipstick to achieve the lip colour below. Lemme know what you girls think of this lip combo. I honestly like it! :)


TADAAAAA! The finish look! Yay or Nay? :) Btw, my contact lens are from Freshlook. It's in the colour Sterling Grey. I usually wear the Grey coloured lens. Not really a fan of the sterling Grey but oh well. The occasional switch up can be fun! My top is from Jaspal. PS : the next makeup look will probably be either a Clubbing Makeup Look or a College Girl Makeup look. Stay Tuned :D


Products That I Used to Achieve This Look :-

Clinique Dramatically Different Gel
Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Primer
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup in #4N2 Spiced Sand
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in #Medium Deep
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Urban Decay NAKED Palette
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Bobbi Brown Color Corrector in Deep Peach
Revlon Colorstay Concealer in #03 Medium Deep
Essence Mattifying Compact Powder in #09 Soft Tan
Victoria's Secret Lash DARE Mascara
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye Palette (To fill in my brows)
Essence EyeBrow Designer in Brown
NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation (As a bronzer)
Topshop Highlight in Crescent Moon
NYX Natural Lip Liner
MAC Siss Lipstick
MAC Impassioned

That's a wrap, peeps! Thank you for reading. I really appreciate each and everyone of you soo much!

XOXO

4 comments:

  1. pretty impressive, i love the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to follow ur blog , and u look flawless and i hope you can come up with a full blog on make up for work/office...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Sure i'll do one soon xoxo

      Delete