Wednesday, August 20, 2014

SEPHORA Cream Lip Stain in #02 Classic Beige (Is It Worth The Hype?)

Heyyy Gurls!

So this weekend i won't be going back to JB. That means i have plenty of time to get some blog posts up! Hehe. Coz everyone knows, ain't nobody got time for blogging when you're with your family. Man, i miss my family sooo MUCH. But oh well, we all gotta grow up and be responsible and have jobs to do. So yeah. We just gotta suck it up and turn up the radio when Pharrell Williams' Happy comes on :) I've yet to meet a person who doesn't like that song. In my opinion that's like the best song ever. It can change your mood from being an angry beaver to a happy bunny :D I'm not even kidding!

Anyways, today i'll be reviewing my new Sephora Cream Lip Stain in #02 Classic Beige. These lip stains were retailed at RM 54 a piece. I actually got another one of the Sephora Cream Lip Stain because i really loved this one. I got the #04 Endless Purple one. Not too worry. I'll do a whole other post on it soon. I've been getting a lot of lip products recently from Sephora. That means a haul post will be up soon too. HEHE. Without further ado, let's jump right into the review. I have to be honest with you, the first ever time i used this Sephora Cream Lip Stain, was to work and i suffered from some mild allergies.


Okay, here's the thing. I used the lip stain for a total of 10 hours that day and i also used another lipstick on top of that lip stain. This Sephora Cream Lip Stain dries to a matte finish. And when i used another matte lipstick on top of this matte lip stain, it caused my lips to become dry and inflamed and omg, it actually left blisters on my lips. I was so terrified of the lip stain that i didn't use it for a week. By then, the allergic reaction had cleared out on my lips and my lips were back to normal (thank you, God). I looked up online about the Sephora cream lip stains and it did not even have a single bad review about it. Everybody was raving about how amazing this product was. So me being me, decided to give this lip stain another chance. And this time, i was going to use it the right way. I was going to use it on it's own. No mixing it with other lipsticks whatsoever.



So i applied a lip balm before applying the Sephora Cream Lip Stain again and prayed that it doesn't inflame my lips. Or else it will be confirmed that i am allergic to it. And i don't want to be allergic to such an amazing product. Guess what? After a whole day of being at work and all, my lips was just the way it was! No allergic reactions whatsoever. YAY! :) Happiness is not being allergic to awesome sauce lip products! :D


Anyways, the Sephora Cream Lip Stain comes in a lip gloss-like packaging with a doe-foot applicator which makes it very easy to apply. You just simply swipe it on your lips and you're good to go. This cream lip stain is very very pigmented. It is opaque. So girls with pigmented lips can wear this with ease too. No need to apply a lip liner or even try to muted out the true colour of your lips. It dries to a matte finish but it's not drying at all to the lips. Apparently it has some kind of Avocado oil to nourish the lips. So, that's a plus point. Below is a swatch of the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Classic Beige on my hand.


Girls, between you and me, this stays on your lips forever! Even if, you know, you girls decide to give your man a kiss or something of that sort ;) Your lips will remain intact as though you haven't been making out with any guy. So yeah. It's kiss-proof too. Haha. This cream lip stain does not budge at all. Even if you're eating greasy food. And greasy food ALWAYS wipes off any kinds of lipsticks! But not this apparently! In fact you have to use a proper lip makeup remover to remove it properly from your lips. My favourite colour out of all the Sephora Cream Lip Stain is the Classic Beige for sure. It's definitely not a pale nude. It is a slightly darker nude shade. I like that it has such a gorgeous warm pale peachy brown look.

I dunno why, but currently i'm into darker nude shades. Maybe i'm just getting into this whole Kylie Jenner lips craze. After all, this looks like the perfect Kylie-Jenner-lips. But we all know she uses the MAC Swirl Lip Pencil. So that's that. Below is a picture of a close up pic of my lips. Just look at that colour! Omg, I'm in love already!


A reminder, do not attempt to layer this lip stain throughout the day. If you want a fresh coat of colour, make sure you take off the lip stain before reapplying it. Because if you just layer the lip stain on the already dried up cream lip stain, it will just make your lips feel gunky and dry and you'll feel like there is a thick layer of hard stuff on your lips. And trust me, you don't want that. It's an uncomfortable feeling and that's what i did the first time i wore this lip stain and i got an allergic reaction. So please don't do that. Anyways, as you can already see, below is a picture of me using the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Classic Beige. Lemme know your thoughts on this Lip Stain! :)


I <3 You all and thank you for reading, my lovelies! <3

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment