Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Empties PART 3! (Makeup & Beauty Products That I've Used Up)

Hi there!

I have yet another empties post for you. If you missed out on my other 2 empties post, click here and here. Man, I've really been on a roll to finish up certain products that i have for a long time already. It's about time, girlfriend! Time to finally get rid of all these empty product bottles. Let's jump straight into the details. 

1) MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Dark


This is my all-time favourite powder from MAC. It's the most versatile powder ever. You can use it as an all over the face powder, on your eyelids (on the days you don't want to use any eyeshadow), to set your undereye concealer, as a blush and even as a bronzer! Isn't that amazing? It is like a 5 in 1 product. Plus, it really last a long time. I've had this powder since forever.

Verdict?

Yes, i will repurchase it. In fact i already have a back up one :P hehee.

2) TRESemme Salon Silk Shampoo & Conditioner


TRESemme has one of the best shampoos ever! I'm gonna pull a Kanye now... I love the salon silk one. But the Moisture Rich formula is the best shampoo ever! The Salon Silk one is equally good but my hair can get a little dry from all that blowdrying that i do. So i prefer the Moisture Rich one. If i'm not mistaken, it's the blue bottle ones. 

Verdict? 

I probably will repurchase the TRESemme shampoo and conditioner except in the Moisture Rich range. Coz those are the bomb! Don't get me wrong, the Salon Silk is equally good for those of you with normal hair type. For my hair, i kinda want some moisture in it. 

3) Lip Pure Lip Balm


One good thing about this Lip Pure lip balm is that it is made from 100% natural ingredients. But omg, the texture of this lip balm is soooo oily! I hate using lip balms that gives that 'oily' look . It just doesn't look nice to be worn during the day. And even at night, i find that the lip balm just don't protect my lips from drying whenever i sleep with the air conditioned on! In fact, when i wake up the next morning, my lips actually feel slightly dry as though i did not apply any lip balm in the first place. The Nivea Lip balm is 10x better than this. And it is also cheaper than this one. So yeah. 

Verdict?

I won't be repurchasing this lip pure balm. It's just not for me. I didn't like the oily feeling of it. And it didn't protect my lips. And i hate dry lips! 

4) MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation in NC 45




I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation since a few years ago. I really loved it during my Roaccutane days when i had really dry skin. This is the most amazing foundation to be used if you have dry skin. It makes your skin look dewy and natural and it's just amazing. However, now i'm no longer on Roaccutane so my skin is back to it's normal oily self. This foundation is absolutely horrible for oily skin because it just makes your face look like a greasy mess! 

Verdict? 

It's a no-go for me just cause my skin is back to it's oily self and ain't nobody got time for em' greasy face! But dry skin girls, this will be your holy grail. And you'll thank me for sure. Hehee.

5) CW Charles Worthington Frizz Free Salon Finish Straightening Creme


This is one of my favourite hair styling product of all time. I can't believe they don't sell Charles Worthington is Malaysia anymore. Why are all the awesome brands and products being discontinued? Sheesh. Anyways, this is one of the best hair straightening creams that i've used. Now i'm using my Redken one which is good (and thank god, not limited edition). 

Verdict?

I would repurchase it if it's still available in Malaysia. But unfortunately it's not. So i just gotta suck it up and move on! 

6) Floxia Anti-Age Skin Aging Creme Exfoliating Cream




So this is the skin that my dermatologist prescribed for me but it's available in any normal pharmacies. This is just an exfoliating cream to even out your skintone and basically just make your skin look brand "new" again. Please be reminded that you MUST use a pretty good sunscreen with at least SPF 50 when you use this cream because it can make your skin thing, which in turn, makes it easier to get burnt.

Verdict?

I will not repurchased this because i have my Clinique skincare which i'm obsessed with now :)

7) Sunplay Super Block Sunscreen with SPF 130



I got this random sunscreen to use for my Thailand trip last year. I don't really like it because it felt so greasy on my skin and face when i use it. And the whole SPF 130 is just bullshit because i did get majorly sunburnt when i came back from Thailand. I think i was like 6 shades darker. And plus, it claims to have a 'clear finish' but that's not true coz it leaves a 'white mask' on your face. And that sucks. 

Verdict?

No surprise here. I won't repurchase it. I wanna try the Banana Boat sunscreens the next time i go to a beach. 

8) Cebion Vitamin C 1000mg in the Orange Flavour



Okay this Cebion Vitamin C are the bomb! It's the most delicious Vitamin C drink that i've ever tasted. And the reason why i'm including this Vitamin C in a beauty blog is because this Vitamin C drink actually makes my skin look nicer and brighter and also clearer. You get less pimples and your skin basically just radiates with an inner glow. So this is definitely a favourite of mine. I have like a whole stack at home. All thanks to my dad. He got it for me since i always fall sick so easily. It's mainly to boost up my immune system. So yeah. It makes me pretty and healthy at the same time. Can i ask for more?


Verdict?

Of course, of course, of course! :) I can't say anything wrong with this product!

9) Estee Lauder Projectionist HD Volume Mascara in #01 Black




So i got this Estee Lauder Projectionist Mascara in one of the Estee lauder sets that i bought a while back. This mascara was alright. It made my lashes look nice and volumized but i have some drugstore mascaras that have better results than this Estee lauder one. I basically think that high end mascara gives the same effect as drugstore ones coz that's how i honestly feel. I'm not the kind of girl to spend RM 120++ for a mascara! Coz i just feel that there are very very good drugstore options out there. The only spectacular high ends ones that i have tried is the Clinique Lash Power Lengthening Mascara and the Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara. They are in another league completely! 

Verdict?

Nope. I won't. Just coz there is nothing special about this mascara.

10) Benefit BADgal Waterproof Eyeliner in Black


Holy grail product right here! This is my all time favourite pencil eyeliner. It does not budge or smudge. I've mentioned in the review of this eyeliner pencil before that this is the most amazing pencil eyeliner out there for girls that have trouble with their eyeliner smudging. I went to Sunway Lagoon wearing this eyeliner and after all the water rides and sweating throughout the day coz it was so hot, the eyeliner stayed on put as though i had just applied it. Even my friend was amazed at how nice the eyeliner remained on my eyelids! The Benefit BADgal Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil is 100% waterproof and long lasting. It is also one of the eyeliner which actually stays on my waterline. 

Verdict? 

Yes, please! I will always continue to purchase this amazing eyeliner pencil. I've been using it since my university days started. That means around 2009! :)

So that's all that i've got to show you all. Hope you liked it. Make sure you check out my Tangerine Dream Eye Makeup Tutorial here.

Thank you so much for reading and have a nice day! 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment