Saturday, September 27, 2014

How I Pack My Travel Makeup Bag

Hello lovelies!

I'll be off to Johor Bahru next weekend coz it's a long holiday weekend! :) The following Monday is off due to Hari Raya Haji. Yay! Who doesn't love public holidays? I know i do. Anyhow, since i'll be packing some of my makeup with me, I wanna share with you all, how i actually pack my makeup when i'm travelling. I'll show you how i decide what to bring and all.

Firstly, i put all my cosmetics in this Clinique pouch which i got as a free gift since i'm forever purchasing stuff from them. Haha. It's the perfect makeup bag size! I keep my makeup, skincare and also my perfume in there. So since i'm going back to JB just to spend time with my family and not really go anywhere nice or special, i'll just be packing my normal, everyday basic makeup items. Mind you, usually when in JB, i don't really wear my full on glam makeup face. I just probably swipe on some lipstick and cover up em' dark undereye circles and i'm good to go!


After all, i'm only with family. And also my dad doesn't like seeing me with like full on cakeface makeup. He is traditional that way. Hehee. So i'm basically very simple back in my hometown UNLESS, i'm going out with my friends or seeing somebody :P Or attending some dinner with my parents. So these are the list of stuff i'll pack for my normal, everyday basic makeup routine.

Makeup

Sunscreen
Benefit POREfessional
Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Foundation
Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil
Essence Eyebrow Designer
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye Palette
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural
MAC Hibiscus Kiss Powder Bronzer/Blush duo
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Liner
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara
MAC Lip Conditioner
Topshop Lip Liner in Ceramic
MAC Mocha Lipstick
MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick

Special Occasion Add-Ons :-

1 Bright Coloured lipstick
1 Blush of my choice
An Eyeshadow Palette
Contour Kit

Brushes

Real Techniques Stippling Brush (for foundation)
BH Cosmetics Powder Brush
Ecotools Powder Brush
Real Techniques Setting Brush
Ecotools Angled Brush
Sigma E40 Eyeshadow Brush

Special Occasion Add-Ons :-

Contour Brush
Real Techniques Blush Brush


As you can see above, i always bring my tried and tested foundation when i'm travelling. I don't choose a foundation which i haven't tried out in months or even a new foundation. Because it's always safe to go with a foundation that you're comfortable with when you're travelling. Who know what can happen if you choose a foundation which is new? For all you know, it wouldn't match your skintone properly or it oxides a lot etc.

Also when i'm travelling, i like to bring lipsticks that are more natural and what i would wear on a daily basis. I use MAC Kinda Sexy whenever i have my eye makeup done and all. However, i prefer to use MAC Mocha when i'm not wearing other makeup on my face. Coz MAC Mocha has some colour in it that won't make me look too pale. So i consider it the perfect lipstick for me when i don't wanna wear foundation and eyeliner. If i am travelling somewhere to attending a wedding etc, i'll probably bring a bright coloured lipstick of my choice that maybe matches my outfit? I'll also bring a blush to match that lipstick.

Skincare

Dermalogica Age Reversal Eye Complex
Clinique Dramatically Different Gel (Tarvel Size)
Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector (Travel Size)
Benzac AC Benzoyl Peroxide (Pimple Cream)
Nivea Soft Rose Lip Balm


As for the skincare, I only bring little items. When i say 'little' items, i meant, the sample/travel size tubes of my Clinique skincare creams. I also like to bring one pimple medication JUST in case i do get one small zit or something. You can never be too careful after all. Hehe. Talk about paranoia! I'll also have to bring my trusty eye cream and of course my lip balm. Ain't nobody got time for no chapped lips.


When it comes to perfume, i also go with something that comes in a tiny bottle so that i can just dump it into my makeup bag together with my cosmetics. That's why i always go with either my Body Shop Vanilla perfume or my Benefit Hooked On Carmella perfume! I love both but obviously i prefer the Benefit one slightly more coz it last sooooo long.

And that's how i pack my travel makeup bag, peeps! Hope it was helpful to some of you.

Thank you for reading!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment