Monday, September 8, 2014

MAC Dodgy Girl Lipstick Review (From the MAC Kelly Osbourne Collection)

Hello my fellow awesome sauce readers!

Today, i'm gonna be reviewing the new MAC Dodgy Girl lipstick from the coveted MAC Kelly & Sharon Osbourne collection that came out the beginning of last month. I know, that this review is wayy to late as many MAC stores would have already have the MAC Dodgy Girl sold out. Oh well. Sorry girls. I was just too busy and preoccupied with stuffs that i hadn't had the chance to really use this lipstick as often so that i can finally give you a good review on the product. I personally don't like to do a review on a product which I've only used once because in the world are you going to know the product well enough if you've only used it once? To me, i have to use the product for at least 3 to 4 times before i can write a review on them. So finally, I've used this lipstick a few times, it's time for me to share my thoughts.


The MAC Dodgy Girl Lipstick comes in a beautiful limited edition lilac purple packaging. This packaging is one of the most beautiful MAC LE (limited edition) packaging after the MAC Archie Girls and the MAC Alluring Aquatic's packaging, of course. And i love lilac colours! You girls know how much i love the OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender nail polish too. Btw, MAC Dodgy Girl packaging is similar to that OPI's nail colour. Anyways, since it's LE, it was retailed at RM 77. MAC Lipsticks have already increase in price as even their non-LE lipsticks are RM 70. There is an increase of RM 2. Why? I dunno. Probably coz of the upcoming GST. But let's not get into that.



On the lipstick tube itself, there is Kelly Osbourne's signature in red. I like that touch! It kinda reminded me of the Riri Loves MAC collections. MAC Dodgy Girl is a gorgeous pinky lilac coloured lipstick. It's definitely a cool toned colour but it looks amazing on tanned skin! I tell you, i was genuinely surprised when i tried this lipstick on the first time. I had totally expected it to look bad and chalky on me but no! In fact it was so beautiful and flattering on my skintone that i felt like smacking myself hard for not getting another tube just to be safe since it is a limited edition product. Even when i bought this lipstick, it was the last tube in stock. Lucky me! ;)



Personally i think that all girls can pull this lip colour off. Maybe for very dark skinned girls, you need to line your lips with a brown lip liner first before applying this lipstick. Lilac is such a flattering colour to be worn on the lips. And i'm excited because I've never owned a lipstick in this shade. And trust me, i have a lot of lipsticks. MAC Dodgy Girl is in a matte finish. So for em' dry lips girls out there, remember put on a lip balm before you apply your lipstick. Or else you're gonna look like you have some breadcrumbs on your lips. And that i not a good look. Nuh-uh.

Just like all the other MAC matte lipsticks, the MAC Dodgy Girl is opaque, the pigmentation is excellent. I find that i don't need to reapply the lipstick much. Only probably after I've had my lunch. Or else this lipstick is good to go for hours, maybe 6 hours without touchups. It also does have that signature vanilla scent which is really like since i love anything Vanilla scented. Below is a closeup picture of my lips with MAC Dodgy Girl on.


And here is a picture of me rockin' em' lilac lips thanks to the MAC Dodgy Girl. I give this lipstick an 8/10.

Contact Lens : Freshlook - Sterling Grey

Happy September, everyone! :) Till the next post.

I love you all <3

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. You look awesome! love the lip color!! May I ask what camera you used to take your pictures? Your pictures always appears perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I just use my Samsung Digital Camera :)

      Delete