Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Makeup Look #13 Tangerine Dream

Hello girlies!

So last weekend i was playing around with my makeup and then i had this sudden inspiration to create an orangey-tangerine coloured eye makeup. The source of inspiration was my Bobbi Brown Clementine blush which is sadly, limited edition. I wanted to use this blush as an eyeshadow with this look. I hope you girls like this look that i came up with. It's simple (as all my makeup looks are!) and i hope you try it if you liked it. I promise that i'll do a step-by-step eyeshadow tutorial in the near future kay? Coz i've been getting a lot of requests from my readers that they want a step-by-step tutorial so that it will actually be easier for them to follow suit. So, i promise that it will be coming soon :)

Anyways, onto the Tangerine eye makeup look. I basically just used the BH Cosmetics 88 Matte eyeshadow palette and also my NAKED 3 palette, not forgetting the Bobbi Brown Clementine blush. Okay, let's get to it. I applied my MAC Pro Long Wear concealer all over my eyelid as an eyeshadow base. To my surprise, it actually holds up pretty well as a base too. Then i take the light orange colour from the BH cosmetics palette and put it on my front half of the eyelid. Then i take a darker orange colour shadow from the BH Cosmetics palette again and place it on the other half of my eyelid. Then i take the Bobbi Brown Clementine blush and put it on the crease of my eyes as well as blending it together with the darker orange shade. Then i take my MAC Mineralize powder and blend it on my crease to make everything look clean and smooth with gradient effect. 


I took the eyeshadow Buzz from my Naked 3 palette and pat it on the middle of my eyelid to give that gorgeous 3D effect since Buzz is a nice rosegold shimmery shade. For my eyebrow highlight, I used the shadow called Strange (light beige, almost off white eyeshadow) from the Naked 3 palette. And then, i lined my top lids with my trusty gel liner. I kept the line fairly thin. I didn't want the eyeliner to overshadow the eyeshadow. After that, i applied mascara to my top lashes only. I wanted the lower lash to look bare. After all that, i took my Bronzing Powder in Love Rihanna and smudge that on my lower lash to give that hint of beautiful apricot colour. Voila! The eyes are done!


As for my face, I concealed below my eyes with MAC Pro Long Wear concealer. Then i set it with the Inglot Mattyfing Powder. After that, i used my MAC Studio Fix powder all over my face. I wanted something light instead of the usual liquid foundations that i always use. Then after that, i take the NYX powder as apply it to my cheeks as a bronzer. As for my blush, i used my Bronzing Powder in Love, Rihanna once again. I really LOVE this product! Too bad it's limited edition. 


For my lips, i wanted to go with something glossy. Shocking, i know. Since when did the matte-lover became a fan of gloss? Well, i wanted something different for this look. Don't worry, i'm still a matte lips girl! :) Anyways, i used my MAC Kinda Sexy lipstick and then i layered it with an apricot coloured lip gloss by David Jones. I am so sorry because i have no idea what is the name of this lip gloss as the name of it has already rubbed off. This lip gloss is quite old already! Oopsie! 


So this is how the look turned out to be. Yay or Nay? Lemme know your thoughts on the comment section below. 

Dress from Kitschen 

Things That I Used To Achieve This Look :-

Revlon Photoready Primer
MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer in NW 35
NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation (Used as a bronzer)
MAC Bronzing Powder in Love, Rihanna (Limited Edition) -Used as a blush and the lower lash line
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Powder in Medium Deep
Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eye Palette (Limited Edition) - To fill in brows
Essence Eyebrow Designer in Brown
Tarte Lights, Camera & Lashes Mascara
MAC Lip Conditioner
David Jones Lip Gloss (Sorry, the name sort of rubbed off!)

Thank you for reading! I love you all <3 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment