Friday, September 26, 2014

Makeup Look #14 Simple & Sweet Office Makeup

Ola peeps! :)

Lately, i've been lovin' a more naked eyes look. I completely skip my eyeliners (big deal for me since i LOVE eyeliners) and then i spot a more coloured lipstick. And by coloured lipstick, i don't me dark, bold colours like MAC Riri Woo or MAC Flat Out Fabulous or even Topshop Straight Ace. I mean lipstick colours that are medium in tone. It's not a bold lips. At the same time, it's definitely not a nude. So i've been sporting this look a lot to work. And i wanted to show you girls a simple yet very feminine version of an office makeup. Maybe on those days when you want to be a lil more girly and sweet for work, this can be your look.

Plus, this look is super easy to do in the morning. Firstly, i start off by applying my L'Oreal Sunscreen all over my face because hey, Malaysia is hot. Ain't nobody got time for sunburn. Then i apply my trusty Benefit Porefessional to cover up em' pores. Then i apply my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Stay-In-Place makeup foundation all over my face but not near the undereye area. That's for concealer. After all that, I take my favourite Bobbi Brown Color Corrector and apply them under my eyes to cover up any dark circles that i have. After that i take my Revlon Colorstay concealer and conceal my undereye area in a triangle shape. I set the concealer with my Essence Mattifying Compact Powder. I love this powder. It really keep my face matte.


Since i don't want to use any eyeshadow, i just swiped some MAC Mineralize Skin Finish powder on my eyelids to give it a nice fresh look. Then I use my favourite mascara (which is actually quite new) the Tarte Light, Camera, Lashes Mascara and apply 2 coats of it onto my top lashes. For my bottom lashes, I used my L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara. Then i quickly fill in my eyebrows. Voila, eyes are done! :) Isn't that easy?


Next, I used my NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat powder foundation to bronze up my face. I used it to bronze my cheeks, my temples and also a lil around my forehead. I wanted to go with a medium coloured lipstick. So i first lined my lips with the NYX Natural Lip pencil and then i applied MAC Twig (which is a soft reddish brown lipstick) on my lips. But i still felt that the lipstick wasn't dark enough and since my eyes is so pale, i should make the lips slightly darker. So i added the L'Oreal Mositure Matte Lipstick in Lincoln Rose (it's a gorgeous red lipstick) to deepen the lipstick shade.


For finishing touches, I used a red coloured blush from my BH Glamorous Blush palette to complete the look. I love to match my lipstick and my blush together. i think it makes a look very put together and just nice! :) So that's the finished look. 


Lemme know what you think of it. Is it appropriate for work? Or is it not?

I love you all <3 

XOXO 

4 comments:

  1. What a great look!!!! You are stunningggg! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, i'll follow you on GFC and BlogLovin'! :) Thank you for reading my blog xoxx

      Delete
  2. beautiful look!
    have you done a review of mac twig on your blog? would love to see how it looks on its own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i have :) Here's the link to that MAC Twig lipstick post.

      http://prettypinkpolly.blogspot.com/2014/04/mac-twig-lipstick-review.html

      XOXO

      Delete