Thursday, November 20, 2014

MAC Mocha Lipstick Review! :)

Hello everyone!

So, i know I've been MIA for some time now. But not to worry! I have loads of upcoming posts coming along this weekend. Today, i'm here to review the MAC lipstick that i've been obsessed with for the longest time. The one and only MAC Mocha lipstick. MAC Mocha lipstick is retailed at the usual RM 68 (now RM 70!). I don't why MAC Cosmetics increased the prices of their lipsticks. Like whoa. That was fast! Anyways, back to the review.


MAC Mocha comes in a satin formula. As you all know, that is my favourite MAC lipstick formula. MAC Mocha doesn't dry out my lips at all. It is super pigmented and opaque. I love lipsticks that are pigmented and opaque. I am one person that does not like all those "sheer" coloured lipsticks. Like why would someone even want to waste their money buying a so-called sheer lipstick? It's not at all going to give you any colour pay-off. You're better off using a lip gloss or a lip balm. To me, lipstick should be about pigmentation.


This lipstick is also very long lasting. it lasts on my lips for a good 6 hours before i need to reapply it. Of course, if you're going to be eating em' greasy food, then it is going to fade off just like any other lipsticks. MAC Mocha also has that signature vanilla scent as all MAC lipsticks do. Now on to the colour. 

MAC Mocha is a gorgeous warm brown shade. It is definitely not a nude lipstick but it's a nice neutral colour lipsticks. For those girls that don't like the look of super light nude lips, this colour is perfect for you. Many indian girls love this lipstick because the colour is just oh-so-gorgeous! It's the most perfect in-between-nude-and-a-bright lipstick shade for my skintone. And in MAC foundation i'm an NC 45. Girls darker than me, can totally make this a perfect nude lipstick. Girls fairer than me, this will be an amazing warm brown lipstick which will look great during the fall time. However, in Malaysia we only have Summer time. So that ain't gonna matter. This is the swatch of MAC Mocha on my hand.


I always get compliments when i'm using MAC Mocha. I guess most people tends to prefer using a neutral coloured lipstick compared to a very nude or bright lipstick. It totally flatters my skin tone. Sometimes, when i'm not feeling like wearing a lot of eye makeup, i just put on this lipstick and i'll look put together. Nude lipsticks can make a person look too pale of if you're not using any eye makeup at all. So i prefer using the MAC Mocha. MAC Mocha goes so well, even with a dramatic eye makeup! That's why i love it. It's so versatile. And it's so warm tone. It compliments peach, orange and red blushes fantastically!


Below is a picture of me rockin' em' MAC Mocha lipstick. So what are your thoughts on this lipstick? Let me know if you want to try it :)


Make sure to follow me on my new Instagram account! @prettypinkpolly212 :) 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment