Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Urban Decay NAKED Flushed Palette in Strip

Yay!! I'm on holidays! :)

I have been feeling really happy these days considering what i went through last month. Last month was not a good month. But i survived it and i'm okay now. Since it's the end of the year already, i decided to do some massive shopping at Sephora. I got quite a few major items from there. I bought like 3 palettes. Reviews on all of them will be coming up soon. Hopefully before the end of the year. So today, i'll be reviewing the Urban Decay NAKED Flushed Palette in Strip. You girls might have known that recently, i accidentally dropped my MAC Riri Loves MAC Bronzing powder duo in Hibiscus Kiss. I can't believe how careless i was to have dropped it! It was limited edition too. So it's not like i can go out and repurchase another one. Boohoo!



Anyways, since that happened, i needed a new bronzer. I walked into Sephora and i was just walking around when i spotted the Naked Flushed palette. To be honest, before this I've never even given this palette a second thought. Coz i always get my bronzers from MAC. So i never really thought about these Urban Decay bronzer, highlighter and blush kit. The Sephora girl came up to me (have i mentioned how friendly these salesgirls at Sephora are?) and started swatching the Strip palette on my arm and boy, i was impressed! The bronzer was so smooth and buttery soft just like the Urban Decay eyeshadows! Plus the highlighter was the bomb.com. It is the most beautiful highlighter ever. I can't stop singing praises for this highlighter!


I know that it can be hard for girls that are on the darker skintone range to find a bronzer in Malaysia. I don't know why the cosmetics companies here think that there is only fair skinned people in Malaysia. So anyways, this bronzer is perfect for girls with my skintone (NC 45) and girls that are darker than me! This bronzer can appear a lil harsh on my skin, but i usually just use a light hand to apply it. So it works for me. The bronzer is a very warm tone brown shade and it does have tiny flecks of shimmer in them. But it doesn't show up on your skin as if someone had slapped you with a glitter ball. Haha. It blends into your skin and becomes a perfect bronzing shade. I use my Real Techniques Multi-Task brush to apply this bronzer onto my cheeks.


Next it the highlighter. It comes in a beautiful champagne shade with lots of shimmer and glitters. I have never owned many highlighters in my life before. I've only used like the Topshop highlighter in Crescent Moon and the Estee Lauder Illuminating Pen that my bff gave me. This highlighter is wayyy better than the 2 that I've mentioned above! Like totally way better. The Urban Decay Naked Flushed palette's highlighter is super shimmery and also glittery. So it's meant for us, glam girls! It will be awesome for a night out, or when attending a dinner party or even when you're out clubbing. Basically it will be very suitable for this time of the year when you will be attending Christmas parties, New Years Eve parties etc. I will admit that this highlighter might be too much for everyday use. Just because it's sooo beautiful and very glamorous. So it might be suitable for at night. But hey, if you're a glam girl, by all means rock this baby everyday!

Check out that highlighter yo! 

The blush is a beautiful dusty pink shade. To be honest, this blush looks different on every skintone so it looks pretty on every skintone. Like for real. I tried this on myself and i loved it! Then i tried it on my friend who is very fair and she looks awesome! The texture of this blush is super smooth and finely milled. I tell you, all Urban Decay powders are so smooth and finely milled. Like this blush, it blends on my skin like a dream. I usually apply this blush with my angled blush brush from BH Cosmetics. I personally think that this brush is perfect for the everyday makeup look. So it just gives your skin the healthy natural flushed look. What can i say? I love it! 


The retailed price for this Urban Decay NAKED Flushed palette in Strip is RM 109. I think that is a good price coz you're getting a large sized bronzer and a relatively good sized highlighter and blush. So it's really worth it! Compared to buying 3 different makeup items, it's cheaper to get this palette. Plus, it's not limited edition so you can get them anytime and everytime that you want them. Therefore, i highly recommend this palette. I give it a rating of 9/10 coz it's the bomb like that! :)

Ciao girls! :)

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! <3

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment