Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation in #170

Namaste Girls! :)

I am currently stuck at home now because i have conjunctivitis today. Can you believe my luck? I woke up with the most crustiest left eye ever. I couldn't even opened it. Gosh. I literally freaked. I went to the doctor and the doctor gave me this special cream for my eyes that i was supposed to put like 4 times a day. Hopefully it gets better by tomorrow. Looks like i have to be wearing my glasses to work tomorrow. Omg, the nightmare. I hate wearing my glasses. I think it makes me look nerdy and geeky so yeah. I just try not to use my glasses most of the time. But obviously i have no choice but to wear them for work tomorrow. LOL, i probably sound like a vain pot right now.

Anyways, since i'm stuck at home, i decided to just do a review on my Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation. This foundation is apparently Make Up For Ever's best selling foundation! Keep in mind that these pictures were taken during the weekend. That's why my eyes were normal at that time. So, let's jump right in! I'm in the shade #170. The MUFE HD  foundation comes in a large range of shades. This can be found at all Sephora Stores in Malaysia. So for my darker ladies out there, good news! You will be able to find your foundation shade for this foundation. YAY! You go, Make Up For Ever! 



The Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation is retailed at RM 185. This foundation is definitely in the higher price range. It's the same price as a Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation. So that's actually expensive. It comes in a plastic bottle of 30ml (like most foundations). It looks quite big too compared to other foundation bottles. What i like about this foundation is that it comes with a handy pump. As you all may know, MAC foundations and NARS foundations does not come with a pump. So i would say that the price of this foundation is justified. 



I seriously am in love with this foundation. It has a very beautiful satin/velvety finish. At first when you put it on, it looks sort of matte. Then throughout the day, it looks more velvety finish. It gives you the most gorgeous glow. And i have oily skin! Usually all foundations make me look oily and greasy as hell. But this foundation makes me look dewy. AT the end of the day, i look dewy. That's why this foundation will look amazing on girls with normal skin. Normal skin girls will probably make this foundation their holy grail item because it is the bomb.com. As for me, i personally prefer to use this foundation at night when the sun isn't shinning and the surrounding isn't so hot. I also love this foundation when i'm going to be taking flash photographs. The pictures just turns out soooo beautiful! 



The consistency of the MUFE HD Invisible Cover foundation is that is it quite on the watery side. It doesn't feel like a thick, creamy consistency. This is the first time that i'm using a sort of watery consistency foundation. My advice will be to use a beauty blender or the Sephora Pro Flawless Airbursh brush in #56. Do not use a stippling brush because it will make your foundation look streaky and not pretty. For girls with large pores, PLEASE do apply a pore minimizing primer on your face before applying this foundation or else your pores are gonna look so obvious. I dunno why but this foundation actually eventuate all the pores on your face. So definitely use a skin smoothing primer beforehand. For me, i'm using Benefit's POREfessional :) 

The coverage of this foundation is more of a light to medium coverage. I'm gonna be honest here. If you have a lot of acne or scars on your face, this foundation is definitely not for you. It does have the tendency to look cakey. And that is not a good look. Below is a picture of me using the foundation without setting it with any other powders or bronzers or blushes. My skin is bare except for the foundation, eye makeup and lipstick. As you can see in the picture, one or two pimple marks can still be seen after i applying this foundation. Hence, the whole conclusion on how it's a light to medium coverage foundation. 



And that's all about the Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation. I give it a rating of 9/10 because i love it. You girls know that i love discovering awesome foundations. Next i want to try the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation. Apparently that foundation is amazing for oily skin girls like me. Hehe. 



Thank you for reading! 

Much love from me <3 

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. hey Priya...Nice and detailed review...I have been eyeing this foundation from long..Your review has sucked me into it eve more now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arpita! :) It is an amazing foundation. I think you should get it xx

      Delete