Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Review : Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette

It's already the month of February! :)

Whoa... this year is moving a lil too fast for my liking. But i like February because 2 of my bff's birthday is during this month. So it means a lot to me. Hehee. Anyways, today i'm going to review the Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush palette. I know, this review has been majorly overdue. This palette came out in December i think for the holiday season. And i'm only doing the review now. Yikes! Sorry, girls. It won't happen again. I'll be more up to date in the future. 


Firstly, i want to take a minute to admire the super gorgeous packaging of this Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette. I mean, it looks like a purse! I would totally rock this purse if it was a real purse. Maybe pair it with one of my red body con dress and a gold pair of heels! Done. Sex goddess in action. Lol. 



This palette comes with 2 beautiful barettes. One is encrusted with pearls the other one is encrusted with some shiny gemstones. And they are gold in colour. Omg, aren't they like the most beautiful hair pins you have ever seen? If that isn't pretty, i dunno what is! I am in LOVE!


This blush palette comes with 5 blushes all together. They are all new colours. None of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes were included in this palette. I like the fact that they didn't include any of the permanent blushes coz then the palette wouldn't really be "limited edition". And yes, girls. This palette is obviously limited edition as it is a part of their holiday collection. Below is the picture of all the blushes. 


The blushes are breathless, embraced, whimsy, bashful and irreplaceable. Damn, the names tho! Hahaa. Anyways, according to Tarte, Breathless is a pinky beige blush. Breathless is a matte blush. I personally like matte blushes. But i haven't tried out this blush though. It looks a lil little for my skintone though. But we shall see how it applies on my cheeks. Embraced is a plummy rose shade. This is a shimmery blush. It applies very smoothly on the cheeks. And the shimmer is nice. It's not too glittery on skin. Next is Whimsy. Whimsy is a light pink blush. I love this colour. On my skintone, it gives me such a pretty soft pink flushed to my cheeks. I wear this when i'm using any of my pink lipsticks. And it has a matte finish. 


Then, there is Bashful. It is a rosy peach blush. I am obsessed with this blush. It's perfect for tanned girls. It just gives you this healthy glow to your skin. Plus, it's a shimmery blush. So you can skip your highlighter when you're using this baby. This blush can easily be my everyday blush. It looks natural and pretty on the skin. I love pairing this blush with my peach lipsticks as well as all the other nude lippies that i have. Last but not least, Irreplaceable. This is a gorgeous mauve rose shade. It is the darkest blush in the palette (obviously). And it has a matte finish. You girls know me, i love me some red-ish blush! I like rockin' em peach and reddish tone blush. This blush, make you look like you're really blushing. Especially if you're tanned skin. This blush is to die for! Absolutely gorgeous and definitely a must-have in your makeup stash. 


Below is the swatches of these blushes on my arm. See how beautiful and pigmented these blushes are? I love them all! 

Left to Right : Breathless, Embraced, Whimsy, Bashful, Irreplaceable
So a lil bit about the blush. These blushes are super pigmented. So if you're using the darker shades, please be sure to use a light hand. They do stay on your cheeks for quite a few hours. Even after 8 hours, my blush is still on there. It doesn't fade throughout the day. I dunno if they last for 12 hours coz ain't nobody wearing makeup for that long. Lol. But yes, they definitely have the same lasting power as the permanent blushes. I bought this palette from Zalora. I tell you, buy your Sephora items through this website. The amount of discounts you get is amazing. Plus, they are always having some kinda promotions and all. 

Below is a picture of me using the Embraced blush. See how glowy my cheeks looked? Hehee. So have you girls tried this blush palette? I'm sure you have! Lemme know your thoughts on the blushes. 


Thank you for reading, my lovelies! :)

Much love from me <3 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment