Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wet & Wild Cherry Bomb Lipstick (New Vampy Lipstick!)

How's all my beautiful readers doing today? :)

Ever since Wet & Wild cosmetics are available in Malaysia, I've been buying their products non-stop. It's cheap, has really good qualities and they aren't like the typical Malaysian drugstore cosmetics! They have bronzers and eyebrow kits! Which other brands at Watsons or Guardians have a bronzer? Or at least an eyebrow kit? NADA! This is why Wet & Wild is awesome. In Malaysia, their products are available in all Sasa Stores. I've so far reviewed the Wet & Wild Mega Glo Illuminating Powder. After this lipstick review, I'll probably review the 8 Colour Iconic Eyeshadow palette next. In a mean time, enjoy my review of the Wet & Wild Cherry Bomb Lipstick. 



I'm adventurous when it comes to my lip colours. You can totally see me rockin' a red lipstick at the mall, or a purple lipstick at work or even a super bright pink lipstick when i'm hanging out with my girls. So it wouldn't be a surprise when you see me rockin' a vampy lipstick. Wet & Wild Megalast Lipstick in Cherry Bomb is a very dark maroon shade lipstick. 



Some people say that Cherry Bomb is a dupe for MAC Diva lipstick. I personally don't agree because Cherry Bomb is significantly darker than MAC Diva. It looks more like MAC Sin lipstick. Below is a comparison picture of MAC Diva and Wet & Wild Cherry Bomb lipstick.



Wet & Wild Megalast lipsticks are more of a semi matte finish. They are more of a satin finish when compared to the MAC Lipstick Finishes. Cherry Bomb is not drying to your lips if you don't have chapped lips. If you do have chapped lips, it's better if you put some lip balm onto your lips before applying this lipstick. The pigmentation of Cherry Bomb is awesome. It gives you intense pigmentation in just one swipe. Of course if you like a more sheer look for you lips (Sheer? What's that? :P ) than just lightly dab the lipstick on your lips instead of swiping it on your lips. 



The packaging of these Wet & Wild lipsticks might be of a slight downer. The packaging is plastic and it does look cheap. The lipstick bullet always gets smashed onto the cover if you girls don't put on the cover of the lipstick properly. So when you're in a rush, don't use the Wet & Wild lipstick, You will smash it. I don't really find the packaging a big downer coz the lipstick is so cheap. For an RM 20.90 lipstick, i don't care if the packaging sucks. As long as the lipstick is amazing and the colour range is awesome, i will like it. Below is a lip swatch of the Wet & Wild Cherry Bomb on my lips. 



I personally think that this lipstick will look amazing on any skintone. My bff loves this lipstick so much. It's almost like her everyday lipstick. If i had to choose between MAC Diva and Cherry Bomb, i'll definitely choose MAC Diva coz it's not THAT vampy. But for those of you on a budget, Wet & Wild's Cherry Bomb will do the trick! They are almost similar and Cherry Bomb costs only a fraction of MAC Diva which is RM 70 now. So that's an idea. If you're crazy and wanna get 2 lipsticks like me just coz you insist that they are both very "different" go ahead and get both of them :)

Below is a picture of me trying to look all punk rock but failed miserably. What can i say? I'm definitely not a rocker chick. I don't even own one leather jacket :(



And this is me being me. Lol. What do you girls think of the Wet & Wild Cherry Bomb lipstick on me? is it a Yay or a Nay? Lemme know your thoughts, girls! 


Till the next post then! <3 

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Looks good ! Definitely is similar to Diva ! And I kinda did the same as you the other, kinda went with a rebel/grundgy look wearing a black beanie, dark green dress and Diva on the lips. Must have been my second time wearing it though !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha :D That's cool. But i seriously cannot pull off the "Rebel Rocker Look" :P I love MAC Diva lipstick though. I wear it quite often especially when i'm having a girl's night out!

      Delete
  2. Omg. That such a beautiful lip colour!! :D And and you are so awesome too. I do read all your other posts. :) Why don't you start a youtube channel? I would love to watch you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you, sweetie! lol that is my dream one day to start a Youtube makeup channel. Thank you for the support, girl! Really appreciate it xxx

      Delete
  3. This shade is beautiful...suits you perfectly...thank god for sending wet n wild to malaysia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arpita! I know, it's finally here! :D

      Delete