Sunday, March 22, 2015

Get Ready With Me #8 Cousin Sister's Wedding - Red & Green Saree!

Ola peeps! :)

If you're an avid reader of my blog, you would have known that my cousin sister recently got married. I have showed you guys what i wore and how i did my makeup for the Pre-Wedding Ceremony here. Today i'm going to show my OOTD for the wedding day itself. So i wore a red and green silk saree for her wedding. This saree is a ready made saree. I got it made into a ready madee saree just because tying a pattu saree is so darn hard! :( Like the saree is so thick and you'll end up looking so messy and all. Therefore, i was like nope, i'm just gonna stick to ready made. I liked how it looked though.

Please ignore the messy background! LOL :D In the midst of clearing some stuff outta my house

I decided to go for the all gold accesories. So i borrowed my mum's costume jewelry set. Since it's a wedding, i decided to go with major blings on my neck and ears. Usually if i'm wearing a fancy necklace, i wouldn't wear such a fancy dangling earrings. But i wanted to do that this time. Indian weddings are usually so grand and fancy anyways. Hehe. 

This is the closeup picture of the necklace that i wore. I must say, i really like this set

This is the matching earrings for the necklace set. I have 2 ear piercings. So for my second piercing, i decided to go with small diamante studs. It's better to keep it that way. 
I have loads and loads of bangles. It is all chucked inside a huge box. So i don't remember which set it came with. I usually just mix and match anyways. I randomly took a few gold bangles and wore it together with my 2 thick white-and-pink bangles. PS : That ring is not my engagement ring whatsoever! :P I wish it was but it's not. lol.

So that was the brief description of my outfit. For my hair, again, you girls know that i'm super lazy to do my hair. I usually just wash and blowdry my hair and voila! I'm done. A lil update on my hair. I'm kinda liking the colour of my hair nowadays. It kinda grew on me already. At first, i wasn't used to see myself with dyed hair. But now i like it. And change is good. I've had my black hair for ages. That's why i wanted to try a different look this year. So scary how i'm gonna be 25 at the end of the year! :O 

On to my makeup look. I wanted some gold and brown and neutral. Something suitable for the daytime because the wedding was in the morning. So i ended up using my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette to create this look. This is the finished look. 


So i started off with my usually foundation routine. I used my Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation because i want my face to be shine free and matte. Then i concealed my undereye circles with the MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer since it is long wearing and it totally does not crease under my eyes at all. I set all that with Inglot's Mattifying Powder in Banana. Then i primed my eyes using the MAC Pro Long Wear concealer because this works like a dream. My eyeshadow does not crease at all whenever i use the Pro Long Wear concealer as an eyeshadow base. 



I used the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette's Semi Sweet (a nice warm medium brown eyeshadow) in the crease of my eyes. This is to defined the crease even more. I love this eyeshadow colour for my crease. I think it's the perfect shadow for my crease area. Then i take the Creme Brulee shadow (it is a nice gold coloured eyeshadow) and apply it all over my eyelids. After that, i took Haute Chocolate and placed it at the outer corner of my eyes. As a browbone highlight, i used the shadow Virgin (it is a nice off white shimmery shadow) from the Urban Decay Naked palette. Then i took the Sin shadow (frosted, almost glittery shadow) also from the Naked palette and place it in the inner corners of my eyes to brighten the eye makeup look. 



Then i lined my eyes using the Maybelline Gel Liner that i love so much. I created a wing and also i lined my bottom waterline for the maximum effect. Then i took the Glided Ganache (shimmery olive/black shadow with little gold reflects) from the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and smudge it on my bottom lash line. I coat my lashes with mascara and then i filled in my eyebrows as per usual. Eye makeup done! 

I bronzed my face using the Urban Decay Flushed palette. This bronzer is the bomb.com. It's quite shimmery and intense so i always keep it for special occasions like weddings or dinner dates etc. Then i applied MAC Gingerly blush on my cheekbones to give my face a lifted effect. I'll be doing a blog post on how to apply blusher soon. So stay tuned! :P I did contour my cheeks ever so slightly just to make my face look a lil slimmer. Then i used the super gorgeous highlighter from the Urban Decay Flushed palette to highlight my cheeks. 


For my lips, i wanted a peachy nude lipstick. I put on my all-time favourite lipstick - MAC Kinda Sexy. But then i thought it looked a lil too nude. Since my eye makeup wasn't dramatic and it was a wedding, i added MAC Mocha to make the colour a lil more intense. This is how it turned out. I kinda like this combination. It doesn't wash out my face at all. 



Below are the products used to achieve this look :-

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
Benefit POREfessional
Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet +
MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer in NW 30
MAC Conceal & Correct Duo 
Inglot Mattifying Powder in Banana
MAC Gingerly Blush
Sleek Contour Kit in Dark
Urban Decay Flushed Palette
Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Urban Decay Naked Palette
Essence Eyebrow Gel
Maybelline Gel Liner
Maybelline Master Drama Liner
Silky Girl Precision Liquid Eyeliner
L'Oreal Telescopic Mascara
MAC Lip Conditioner
MAC Nice n' Spicy Lip Pencil
MAC Kinda Sexy Lipstick
MAC Mocha Lipstick

And that's all that i have to say for this post. I wish my beautiful cousin sister a happy married life. She looked so stunning during her wedding day. I like how weddings brings families together. Anyways, below is the full completed look of my makeup on that day. 



My makeup did stay on the whole day. I took a picture of myself after coming back home from the wedding. And this is how my makeup lasted. Obviously my face got oilier but that's totally normal for me since i have super oily skin.


Lots of love from me <3 

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. babe, where did you purchase the inglot powder?

    thanks,
    Syha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syha :) I bought it from the Inglot store in City Square mall, Johor Bahru. You can find Inglot store at Sunway Pyramid Shopping mall too. Hope that helps! xx

      Delete