Monday, May 11, 2015

Top 10 Beauty/Makeup Products That I Regret Buying

Hi my beautiful readers! :)

I hope all of you are doing well. I've been really good lately. I have just tendered my resignation at my current workplace. I feel that it's time for me to move on with something better in life. So that's why i did it. Anyways, today i want to show you girls the Top 10 beauty products that i regret purchasing. You girls know that i buy alot of makeup. But that doesn't mean that i'll end up liking all of them right? So here is the few products that i ended up not liking.



1. Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ Foundation



At first, i thought that i had finally found the ultimate foundation for my oily skin. This foundation does not make me look shiny. In fact it keeps my face matte longer than any other foundations that i have tried. The colour matches my skintone perfectly too. So what could be so wrong with this foundation? Well, it breaks me out. Badly. After even using it the first time, i thought why was my face breaking out? At tht time, i thought maybe because ut was that time of the month. But even then, i would only have like 1 or 2 pimples. The moment i stopped using this foundation, i stopped breaking out like immediately. So i knew for sure that this Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + foundation was the one which was causing my breakout. It was kinda sad that my face was sensitive to this foundation. But ain't nobody wants any pimples on their face. SO this is a big NO. 

2. Sephora Outrageous Extreme Liquid Lipstick



I bought this under the recomendation of my sweet colleague. She told me this was another type of the Sephora Matte Liquid Lipstick. So i got it in the shade #01 which is a sort of neutral colour. But the problem with this Extreme Liquid lipstick is that it doesn't fully dries up to a matte finish. It is not glossy too. It's dries up to this sticky uncomfortable finish with feels very heavy on the lips. Plus, your lips will keep sticking together as though you have just applied glue on your lips. Who wants sticky lips? omg, this product is a fail for me. 

3. The Body Shop Eye Definer in Pure Gold



This Body Shop Eye Definer in Pure Gold is just a waste of money. The pigmentaton of this liner is very poor. I wanted to use this pencil for my waterline or on my eyelids. However, it can't stay on either places. It doesn't stick to my waterline. Plus it looks very sheer and patchy on my eyelids. I don't know how else to use this pencil. Therefore, this product is also a another fail for me.

4. Bourjois Happy Light Base Serum Matte



This is the worst "mattifying base serum" just because it does not make your face matte at the slightest bit. In fact, it makes your face even more oiler. I can prove this because i used this primer on one side of my face. The side with the primer become more oiler than the side without the base. So it pretty much defeat the purpose of the whole primer in the first place. Such a big regret to even have bought this in the first place.

5. NYX Lip Pencil in Beige



This NYX lip pencil in Beige is frosted. Now, why would you want your lip pencil to be frosted? Like does that even make any sense? O.o Yup, hence, it made it into this list.

6. NYX Lipstick in Castle



The NYX Lipstick in Castle is a grey tone purple lipstick. I don't even know why i bought this lipstick. It's cool tone and to make it worst, it is shimmery too. This is one of those impulse buys which i somehow thought will look nice on me. I almost never used this lipstick at all. I've only used it once. And even that, my friend was like "girl, what were you thinking?" Hahaa. 

7. NYX Shine Killer



Again, the same problem like the Bourjois Happy Light Matte Serum Base. It makes me even more shinier than without it. What's up with all these mattifying primers? Omg :(

8. Pupa Lip Gloss in PETG



I got this like 2 years ago and i have only used it a couple of times now. I don't like lipglosses like ever. It looks unflattering coz i hate the look of shiny lips. Like that is not the way i roll. I like matte lips. I only like shimmer and shine on my eyelids. Plus, this lip gloss has a fruity scent. I hate fruity scent. I only like sweet scented scents like Vanilla and Coconut. Oh well. And this lip gloss was expensive. It's from Sasa but it was retailed at RM 50++ if i'm not mistaken.

9. Essence Kajal Pencil in White



These pencils are actually okay. I got 3 colours - Black, Beige and White. I actually like the black and beige ones. But i don't like the white kajal pencil just because i don't know how else to use it. I use the black kajal pencil to create a smokey eye effect. And the beige pencil is for my waterline. If you're fair, then you can use te white pencil for your waterline. But if you're my skintone, that white colour is gonna be too intense. And not flattering. 

10. Saxby Matte Nail Polishes in 55, 34 and 56 (RM 10.90)





These Saxby Matte Nail Polishes are officially the worst nail polishes that i've ever used. It was matte. So that part was okay. The thing that wasn't okay was the part where the nail polish started chipping away after like 6 hours of me applying the polish. Like whaaaa? Isn't nail polish supposed to last for like at least 5 days? And these are more expensive than Elianto (which is RM 6). The Saxby nail polishes retails at RM 10.90 per bottle. And i stupidly bought 3 of them. Lol. 

Anyways, those are the the top 10 Beauty/Makeup Products that i regret buying. Please keep in mind that these are purely my thoughts. Some of these things may work differently on different people. Like the MUFE Mat Velvet + foundation is well liked among all the YouTubers. So yeah. Maybe my skin is just sensitive to it. 

Till the next post then. 

Love you all <3 

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. shockingly.. i read the whole entry even though i am not into buying expensive make ups.. love your writing so much.. it has soul of a great beauty blogger.. well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) it's so nice to receive these kind of nice messages :D xxx

      Delete