Friday, May 6, 2016

Review : Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in MIND

Hey girlies! :)

Guess what? I am officially employed again! :) I'll be starting my new job on the 9th of this month! Yay me! Wish me congrats! :P Hehee. Anyways, today i have an eyeshadow palette review. It's from Stila Cosmetics. You can find Stila products in Sephora stores. And the eyeshadow palette is called the Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette in Mind. This is the all mattes palette. This palette is retailed at RM 165 (when i bought it which was last year. Not sure if the prices have increased).


The reason i picked this Mind palette is because it's all matte. I have so many eyeshadow palettes that have lots of shimmery or glittery shades. For example the 2 NAKED palettes that i have. So i figured that i need more matte shades to use with all those shimmer shades. Plus, you always need a matte eyeshadow for your crease area. And also, who doesn't like that all matte sexy eye look? :P



The Stila Mind palette comes with 12 gorgeous matte eyeshadows shades. It's mostly neutral shades that you can use for everyday wear. Most of them blends very well and smoothly. They have great pigmentation but of course, using an eyeshadow primer really does intensifies the colors more. However, there ARE like 3 shades in the palette which is kinda hard and less soft and buttery when compared to the others. 



I know that usually matte eyeshadows tends to be dry and powdery. But this eyeshadow is not like that. Except for that 3 eyeshadows that i have mentioned. And even those 3 shadows are still somewhat pigmented and it does show up on the eyelids especially when you have an eyeshadow primer on. The rest of the shadows are really nice and have an amazing color payoff! Below are the swatches of the eyeshadows according to the rows. 

Row 1 



Row 2



Row 3



Row 4



I don't wear eyeshadow on a daily basis personally (only coz i have no time to ready in the mornings when i'm working) but if i did, matte eyeshadows will definitely be my choice. But they are just so elegant and not over-the-top. Plus, everyone needs matte eyeshadows! You can't do a whole eyeshadow look with only shimmery shadows right?

Below is a simple eyeshadow look that i created earlier today. I just used the soft brown color all over my eyelids and then i used the darker brown shade in my crease area. And Voila! this soft brown office appropriate look is created. 




Let me know your thoughts on this palette. 


Lots of loveeeee from me, peeps! <3

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Good to see you back in full swing with all these reviews!
    -Hari

    ReplyDelete